General Television Thread

Hellfire

If you haven't even attempted to watch it, that's another story. And the next chapter in that story is you should watch it.

And if you're still not on board, I do judge you, but I still love you.*

*Applies only to Srar and other people I like.

So, it is being reported that How I Met Your Mother's final season will just take place during the wedding weekend. All 20some episodes will take place during two days. Interesting, ambitious, and worrisome.

I think it might take place over the week rather than the weekend, it would suit better.

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler has now confirmed for TVLine that Season 9′s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details “how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.”

Definitely just the weekend.

Hmmm, interesting move. I guess it makes sense to some degree since they've set everyone up with getting married, getting a new job, moving, etc. I wondered how they would handle Lily moving to Rome for a whole year and thus not being around, but I guess that won't happen now until the series ends, if it ends up happening at all.

It's definitely ambitious but I sincerely doubt it'll work. The writers haven't been at the top of their game in years and I don't think that'll change over the summer. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not too optimistic.

• Like 1

Smallville is a fantastic show in the later seasons and is a pretty fantastic adaption of the DC Universe once it knows what it wants to do.

First few seasons though... It's like Buffy Season 1 without any of the fun.

I think the worst thing about the early Smallville Seasons is actually Lana Lang. Every time her and Clark share the screen, I found myself wanting to headbutt something hard. Once Lana is gone, the show was great, but yeah, the Lana/Clark stuff really killed it for me early on.

Really, the sole reason for watching the first five seasons is to cheer on Lex Luthor. And how scary a thought is that?

It takes too long for Lana to leave. My mum & I hated her with a passion. Never finished Smallville, got like season 8 or 9, I think, and just didn't make it through. Should probably finish it eventually, it was always fun.

Also, watch Season 4? for Jensen Ackles!

It takes too long for Lana to leave. My mum & I hated her with a passion. Never finished Smallville, got like season 8 or 9, I think, and just didn't make it through. Should probably finish it eventually, it was always fun.

Also, watch Season 4? for Jensen Ackles!

Season 4 is awful. It's a small miracle that Jensen found Supernatural and became the sexy son of a bitch he did.

I can't believe you didn't reach Season 9. That's the best one of all! Callum Blue as Zod!

oh, I saw that. I think I made it half way through though. Then I got distracted with a lot of other shows. I'll finish it off one day I'm sure. I remember Callum Blue being great.

Yeah, he was amazing. Seriously man, the final episode of that season features one of the best moments in the entire show, without fail.

The final Zod/Clark confrontation is just fantastic.