General Television Thread

Hellfire

Callum Blue was phenomenal as Zod. Smallville did well with bad guys. Okay, well, they did excellent with Zod, Lex, and my main squeeze, Lionel Luthor. Oh, and Braniac was the bomb. Everyone else kind of sucked.

The mind-blowing bit for me was realising he was around 40 when he started as Spike.

But yeah, when I watched through Smallville late last year/early this year, my girl got annoyed at me cheering on Lex. And also my continual 'Oh man up you wimp' comments aimed at Clark almost got me banished from the house.

Of course, Wimpy Clark from Smallville is nothing compared to incompetent Superman from The Justice League: Animated Series.

Warehouse 13 has been renewed for a fifth and final season comprising of six episodes.

I think all of Syfys budget for tv shows is going towards Defiance which is quickly becoming painful to watch.

It's pretty much the same premise as Eureka but with Aliens. You have all these combustable elements under one "roof" as it were and they all have to unite to save the town from the villain of the week.

Where was Eurekas game huh? WHERE WAS EUREKAS GAME!!

I loved Eureka as it had the perfect cast. Colin Ferguson has range as an actor and then you had the Research cast (Henry, Fargo, Zane) then you had the residents of the town with all there idiosyncrasies, all there strength and their weaknesses out in the open and you had an arc element each season where it was building to something.

With Defiance it's just..there. Theres little plot, the characters are pretty much the same and it's disappointing as, from the premise alone, it should be one of the most must see shows on TV.

• Like 1

My Grandma use to watch and love Smallville. I had no idea till years later it was a Superman show because all the bits I had seen her watching seemed so boring.

Of course, Wimpy Clark from Smallville is nothing compared to incompetent Superman from The Justice League: Animated Series.

Its hard to draw superman when you're sucking the Batman's dick.

Seriously. Learn to dodge superman because apparently everything in the world is made to knock you out.

Alot of the situations in some JL episodes early on could have been solved really quickly if Superman wasn't just randomly absent at times for no reason.

But..

• Like 1

Me too! High five for no post-show depression (yet)!

That said, I hate that I even get sad when I finish watching a series I love. Like, it probably shouldn't exist but it does and I can't control it! :angry:

So Amazon officially passed on the Zombieland pilot, causing one of the writers/creators to be a real dipshit on Twitter about it. I watched a majority of the pilots and Zombieland was probably the weakest of the bunch so maybe he should've actually written a decent show?

They've picked up Alpha House and Betas though. Which makes sense since those were the strongest of the two. Betas was a legitimately well-made pilot (funny but also solid in drama) and Alpha House has too much star power and too good of a premise that it being picked up had to be almost a certainty. I don't think it hit all the satirical marks it was aiming for it wasn't terrible, either.

Of the rest of the pilots, Those Who Can't was probably the funniest of the bunch but I'm not really sure it has any legs as a legit series.

I wasn't impressed by Alpha House at all beyond the cameo that starts the series and "it has John Goodman and Clark Johnson in it." But, well, it has John Goodman and Clark Johnson in it, so...