General Television Thread

Hellfire

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't do it myself - but I just watched an episode of The Drew Carey Show and it kind of holds up surprisingly well.

Besides that I just finished season numero uno of Oz.. which means I've basically stepped back through time from The Shield to The Wire to Oz.

Yeah, the fact that their runs were basically at the exact same time was fun for TV critics who liked to compare the shows to each other all the time.

Anyone else burst out laughing... (Arrow)

The second they saw Deadshot for the second time? Guy looks exactly like the hero of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Who's pretty much a piss take of every 1980's hero of the future.

Also holy shit Oliver Queen does not get what a fucking secret identity is.

The second they saw Deadshot for the second time? Guy looks exactly like the hero of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Who's pretty much a piss take of every 1980's hero of the future.

Not really but yeah, the look is pretty hokey.

Well, yeah but I think they've done a good job of it making sense as to why he'd reveal it. And honestly, it's kind of refreshing compared to the string along fest that Smallville employed.

Not really but yeah, the look is pretty hokey.

Well, yeah but I think they've done a good job of it making sense as to why he'd reveal it. And honestly, it's kind of refreshing compared to the string along fest that Smallville employed.

L1+Far3.jpg

And yeah, I'm not so much complaining about how they're handling it, just that it keeps on happening. I've got more of a problem with Huntress knowing his identity than anyone else, as it seems like they're kind of stuck with what to do about it. Can't lock her away, can't turn her good, can't kill her. Maybe it's solved in the next few episodes.

Holy shit though man. I could watch Manu Bennett be awesome all day. It's kind of a crying shame that his biggest role is one where he's covered in makeup/CGI. I had no idea he was the Pale Orc, but fuck if that isn't awesome as hell.

No. Let's just put aside that it's an M. Night movie. I could tell just by Will Smith's idea of an accent (and his inability to keep it going) that it's going to be terrible.

• Like 1

More Arrow talk...

Man the writers really love Batman Begins. I don't blame them, it's pretty much the perfect origin story for a darker hero, but Merlyn's plan for The Glades is pretty much exactly the same as Ra's Al Ghul's plan for Gotham. This show does get better and better though. Needs way more Slade Wilson, though.

More Arrow talk...

Man the writers really love Batman Begins. I don't blame them, it's pretty much the perfect origin story for a darker hero, but Merlyn's plan for The Glades is pretty much exactly the same as Ra's Al Ghul's plan for Gotham. This show does get better and better though. Needs way more Slade Wilson, though.

Yeah I've said a few times that it's as close to a Nolan Batman TV show as we'll get. Are you through with the season then or do you still have a couple episodes to go?

More Arrow talk...

Yeah I've said a few times that it's as close to a Nolan Batman TV show as we'll get. Are you through with the season then or do you still have a couple episodes to go?

Just the finale left. Gonna miss this show. Stupid summer and it's lack of shows.

More Arrow talk...

Just the finale left. Gonna miss this show. Stupid summer and it's lack of shows.

It's crazy how great both Arrow's and Elementary's finales were. We weren't talking about Elementary but it just amazes me how great each finale was.

There are less shows in the summer, yes, but there isn't a lack of quality. Well, there is to an extent but there's some gems. I watched the pilot for USA's new show Graceland and it's got a lot of promise. Not to mention that Suits is coming back and that's a show everybody should be watching.

Elementary's finale was a colossal mindfuck in the best of ways. Johnny Lee Miller felt a bit too hokey and over the top for me at first, but after a few episodes he really grew into the role. And some of his performances in the later episodes, holy shit. That finale though. God damn. I'm a lot in love with both Lee Miller and Natalie Dormer.

Graceland is out? FUCK YES

Still not seen Suits..what kind of show is it? Seems like a New Tricks sort of deal to me

It was a few weeks ago because USA had the pilot available OnDemand. You can probably find it on the interwebz somewhere, though. Then again, it debuts next Thursday so you could probably just wait.

Looking New Tricks up on IMDb and it's not really the same, at least the premise isn't. Suits is supremely underrated though and is one of the best dramas on TV right now, let alone just the summer.

Elementary's finale was a colossal mindfuck in the best of ways. Johnny Lee Miller felt a bit too hokey and over the top for me at first, but after a few episodes he really grew into the role. And some of his performances in the later episodes, holy shit. That finale though. God damn. I'm a lot in love with both Lee Miller and Natalie Dormer.

Yeah, it took a bit for him to identify the character more than just the quirks but he's done a remarkable job. I said it before and I'll say it again: he deserves, at the very least, an Emmy nomination. He won't win because Cranston's eligible again but he should definitely be recognized with a nom.