General Television Thread

Hellfire

Not sure what its availability is for everyone, but Orphan Black is a really enjoyable new show that I'm just getting into. It's got strong sci-fi elements, but sort of mashes that up with action espionage and some police procedural. Really cool concept, good strong characters and a touch of humour that sort of lightens things. They were just renewed for a season 2, so I'm excited to see where it goes.

I imagine people have already seen and talked up Michael McKean's Family Tree as well? Chris O'Dowd is tremendous as the semi-serious lead.

I watched the pilot for Orphan Black and while it was obviously well-made, I was pretty bored. I'll probably give it a second chance and marathon it but it didn't hook me right away.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a485563/arnold-schwarzenegger-to-star-in-tv-bodybuilding-drama-pump.html

That sounds pretty cool. If what i have read about the bodybuilding industry back then has any sort of credence about it then it should be pretty gritty and a show like that would only suit cable.

Also, Banshee. Anyone else seen it? Worth a watch?

Bates Motel, E5 ("Ocean View")

Norma's a damned stubborn lucky idiot who has now been told she is an idiot by Zack Morris. I still have zero empathy for anyone in the Bates family, save for Dylan, who fits in more with the town's motif than anyone else at this point. Shelby pulling off the evidence heist was a 'meh' moment for me, but Breaking Bad this is not, so we'll trudge along. I do hope there's a blooper reel where someone opens a door as Norma's running, though. She may be the most frustrating character I've watched in a while, though everyone short of Bradley is doing their jobs excellently.

Whenever this show keeps the "sexiness" to a minimum, it does well.

Holy shit, awesome!

NBC renewing Parks and Rec, Commumity, and Hannibal means it's immune from all "lol, NBC" comments from me for at least a couple months.

• Like 1

Holy shit, awesome!

NBC renewing Parks and Rec, Commumity, and Hannibal means it's immune from all "lol, NBC" comments from me for at least a couple months.

At the very least until they announce they'll be airing each episode of those shows out of order, on random nights of the week.

Backwards.

Just watched the Season Finale of Elementary. Sticking to amazing.

And while Jonny Lee Miller damn sure deserves an Emmy nod, character wise, I think Watson grew the most over the entire season. It felt like those last two episodes was purely to establish Watson IS getting to be a good Detective in her own right. I loved the final twist that Watson was the one who set up Moriarty too.

That sucks. Edith was the important base of that show, and Jean Stapleton did some fantastic work. She made Archie human, as opposed to what everyone would've assumed is just a racist wisecrack machine. RIP.

But on a positive note, the return of the cult-beloved (GoGo and myself) Aquabats Super Show was this afternoon on the Hub. And it didn't lose a step in being a glorious camp wonder.