General Television Thread

Hellfire

I don't think it'd have universal praise if that were the case. The internet loves it, critics love it and fellow comedians love it. Surely that suggests more that it just isn't your bag than people manufacturing reasons to like it?

You're right, I think I'm just frustrated that I don't like it as much as others. I like to share love for things other people like :(

Also, sorry I was obnoxious to you Goggles.

({)

Maybe try "Heckler/Cop Movie" if you haven't already and "Duckling" from season 2? If you can't find enjoyment in "Duckling" there's pretty much no point.

• Like 1

Also, I never really watch it expecting it to be this funny thing. I think it's really well done and super grounded and dark. It has funny moments, but no it's not like Parks and Rec where there's constant laugh moments. It's its own entity and I have a lot of respect for being something so polarizing and different.

Don't get me wrong, I adore the show and it has laugh out loud moments but I've never really thought of it as aiming for constant laughs. Perhaps it's because I compare it to something like Happy Endings which is just joke after joke after joke.

It's definitely more subtle in its approach, but it's certainly done to garner a comedic feeling in you, whereas Louie is just "here's some dark shit (mostly) if it makes you laugh, great cause it makes me laugh but if you don't laugh whatever."

I don't remember any jokes in Happy Endings?

TKz again proving he is the worst. :angry:

It's definitely more subtle in its approach, but it's certainly done to garner a comedic feeling in you, whereas Louie is just "here's some dark shit (mostly) if it makes you laugh, great cause it makes me laugh but if you don't laugh whatever."

Oh I agree, I guess I just never really gave it that label.

People don't like Happy Endings? It's because of Penny, isn't it?

Here comes TKz's post about Penny, guys!

I don't know what you're talking about, GoGo. I love that.

I love that her show was cancelled and she therefore doesn't exist any more!

JackNicholsonLaughing.gif

• Like 2