General Television Thread

Hellfire

After deciding that Oz was going to make me uncomfortable pushing past the second season, I decided to watch Generation Kill.. and finished that in a night and the next morning so now I've moved onto Over There which so far is underwhelming when compared against Generation Kill.. I probably should've done reverse order.

Watching Veep and the guy that manages that dump looked awful familiar, so I checked the credits and it's Sgt. Landsman from The Wire. Awesome.

New Venture Bros. is dope. And features Aziz Ansari and Wyatt Cenac, albeit in somewhat limited roles. Fantastic season opener though.

New Venture Bros. is dope. And features Aziz Ansari and Wyatt Cenac, albeit in somewhat limited roles. Fantastic season opener though.

Excellent news. I've still got to power through from the second season on, but since Short Girl has zero interest (DTB >_>), I'll soldier on alone.

I've finished Bates Motel:

The only characters I give a damn about are Romero, Dylan, Emma, and Emma's dad. Norman killing the teacher felt like a rushed reminder that HE'S NORMAN BATES! I have zero sympathy for Norma, the damned stubborn idiot who was sexually abused, as well as Norman, who's now a damned bratty psychopathic idiot.

Overall, the show is well done. I love Romero in his role as - quite frankly - The Man. Dylan is fine as the smartass with the heart of gold and any time Emma gets to put Norman in his bratty place, I'm happy. I'm game for season two, but this is a tall order to have me give a damn now about anybody Bates. Maybe if they focus more on the entire town...

Gotta figure out another show for Short Girl and I to tackle. Thinking either Arrested Development, Game of Thrones, or Archer, but we'll see.

You don't watch Game of Thrones?

I think it's important for your manhood that you do.

We've watched the pilot and were intrigued, but after all the nitpicking and discussion Short Girl wanted to do after every episode, I don't know if I want to do that with another, much deeper rabbit hole of a show.

I watched Game of Thrones for three episodes and was bored out of my friggin' mind.

It picks up. Like big time. It wasn't until episode 5 that I started to appreciate just how good the show is.

You don't watch Game of Thrones?

I think it's important for your manhood that you do.

We've watched the pilot and were intrigued, but after all the nitpicking and discussion Short Girl wanted to do after every episode, I don't know if I want to do that with another, much deeper rabbit hole of a show.

Archer is a great consolation prize then.

Excellent news. I've still got to power through from the second season on, but since Short Girl has zero interest (DTB >_>), I'll soldier on alone.

I've finished Bates Motel:

The only characters I give a damn about are Romero, Dylan, Emma, and Emma's dad. Norman killing the teacher felt like a rushed reminder that HE'S NORMAN BATES! I have zero sympathy for Norma, the damned stubborn idiot who was sexually abused, as well as Norman, who's now a damned bratty psychopathic idiot.

Overall, the show is well done. I love Romero in his role as - quite frankly - The Man. Dylan is fine as the smartass with the heart of gold and any time Emma gets to put Norman in his bratty place, I'm happy. I'm game for season two, but this is a tall order to have me give a damn now about anybody Bates. Maybe if they focus more on the entire town...

Gotta figure out another show for Short Girl and I to tackle. Thinking either Arrested Development, Game of Thrones, or Archer, but we'll see.

Boo Archer, yay Arrested Development!

• Like 1

Excellent news. I've still got to power through from the second season on, but since Short Girl has zero interest (DTB >_>), I'll soldier on alone. I've finished Bates Motel:

The only characters I give a damn about are Romero, Dylan, Emma, and Emma's dad. Norman killing the teacher felt like a rushed reminder that HE'S NORMAN BATES! I have zero sympathy for Norma, the damned stubborn idiot who was sexually abused, as well as Norman, who's now a damned bratty psychopathic idiot. Overall, the show is well done. I love Romero in his role as - quite frankly - The Man. Dylan is fine as the smartass with the heart of gold and any time Emma gets to put Norman in his bratty place, I'm happy. I'm game for season two, but this is a tall order to have me give a damn now about anybody Bates. Maybe if they focus more on the entire town...

Boo Archer, yay Arrested Development!

Fuck off, LD! Archer is fantastic.

• Like 5