General Television Thread

Hellfire

The football thing throws a lot of people off but yeah, what LL said.

I watched part of the pilot episode and then I'm pretty sure something happened after 5 minutes and I never got back to it. Yeah, I think the football thing threw me off initially but once I went back and watched it the other night I realized the true nature of the show - and then when the Mr. McGibbletts episode nearly knocked me out of my chair I was hooked. Started and finished Season 2 today.

Anyone else watched both seasons of Girls? Finished 'em both in just over a week. While I absolutely loved the first season, the 2nd really started to grate on me as some of the characters, especially Hannah, just got really unlikeable and annoying. I still really enjoyed it, but I found it strange that, for a TV show about girls, Adam was by far the best character.

I watched part of the pilot episode and then I'm pretty sure something happened after 5 minutes and I never got back to it. Yeah, I think the football thing threw me off initially but once I went back and watched it the other night I realized the true nature of the show - and then when the Mr. McGibbletts episode nearly knocked me out of my chair I was hooked. Started and finished Season 2 today.

Season 3 has the moment when I've laughed the most while watching a TV show. It's a great series

Edited by Khain

Did they just do a wink and a nudge that Oliver's little sister is going to be this shows version of Speedy?

Eurgh, that line...

Yes, unfortunately that line indicates that down the line, she will likely be a version of Speedy. You'll see what I mean down the line, but they seem to have created a bizarro mix of Green Arrow sidekicks into different characters, but thankfully (somewhat big spoiler about a character who arrives later...)

... Roy is one of them, and remains wonderful as a character.

Anyone else watched both seasons of Girls? Finished 'em both in just over a week. While I absolutely loved the first season, the 2nd really started to grate on me as some of the characters, especially Hannah, just got really unlikeable and annoying. I still really enjoyed it, but I found it strange that, for a TV show about girls, Adam was by far the best character.

That's how I felt after the pilot episode of Girls (minus the Adam bit).

The last episode is ridiculous. When it's focused on Hannah it can get really self-indulgent (which I guess isn't surprising considering her control over the show.) The side characters are generally way more interesting than the leads the episode with Ray and Adam just wandering around Staten Island is amazing.

The last episode is ridiculous. When it's focused on Hannah it can get really self-indulgent (which I guess isn't surprising considering her control over the show.) The side characters are generally way more interesting than the leads the episode with Ray and Adam just wandering around Staten Island is amazing.

Definitely. Like, they constantly recognise that Hannah's self indulgent and selfish, but just outright doesn't accept it, which is so frustrating. She's just become horribly annoying with very few redeeming features. There's just never an episode without her, so even sometimes her being in an episode feels forced and selfish.

Yeah, that episode is amazing.

Season 3 has the moment when I've laughed the most while watching a TV show. It's a great series

What episode? Spoiler the moment for me - as I'm going through season 3 right now.

I'm 98% convinced that this moment MUST contain Ruxin in one way or another.

Watched the first episode of Arrow last night. I liked it but it did seem really Batman-y.

What episode? Spoiler the moment for me - as I'm going through season 3 right now.

I'm 98% convinced that this moment MUST contain Ruxin in one way or another.

Yeah it's Ruxin talking to his boss on the episode "Guest Bong". It's wonderful

Apparently the 8 unaired episodes of Bitch in Apartment 23 will be streamed online? Reading the episode descriptions doesn't help me remember what the last one I saw was though... and I'm sure I've seen at least a few of the unaired ones somehow.