General Television Thread

Hellfire

That's cool. They probably shouldn't introduce such an important character until they've got their shit together and know what they're doing with the show. For all the crappy stuff in Smallville, once they knew what they were doing, it ends up being kind of a mini-TV version of the Marvel Universe. It's just a ton of fun to see all the different characters and how they're done. When they do it well, it's great. But fuck. Sometimes they just downright didn't.

It'll all be worth it if Deathstroke ends up being a major villain.

Whoa, so what, Superman turns into Captain America?

Hannibal, episode 4, was it only 23 or so minutes long?

Nope, you're watching a cut up episode that's floating around made of clips, due to the episode being ditched. It doesn't really matter, it's kind of a naff episode. There's a full version on torrentday, if you want.

Oh god, please don't bring 24 back.

To clarify, it would only be as a mini-series (or as they're calling them now, event series). But yeah, I really don't understand it. I guess Gordon isn't getting enough fulfillment from Homeland since supposedly he pitched it to them.

Okay, I've long said it was pretty weird that the best new show of the year belonged to The CW (Arrow) but it's even weirder that, now, it actually belongs to CBS (Elementary). Fantastic episode and I wouldn't be surprised if Miller is nominated for an Emmy because of it. I'm at the point where it's even a shame that he won't be able to win it, what with Cranston being eligible again (for the next two years as well).

• Like 1

FOX have cancelled Touch but are reportedly in talks to bring 24 back!

Eurgh, really? I thought Touch was good. Second season wasn't as good as the first (I miss the big worldwide connection stories), but it's still quality TV. If 24's coming back then maybe I should finally watch the other seasons <_<

Seriously, the last two episodes of Modern Family have been really good. Last week's had that fantastic scene with Phil, and this week's was absolutely phenomenal. Everything clicked, was heartwarming and incredibly funny. I'm hoping this might be continuing trend for the show.

So, anyone here watch Revenge? My girl got me watching it after Season 1 ended, and I must say, I like it. A good comedy of campy cheese and drama. Season 2 hasn't been near as good as 1, but still entertaining nonetheless.

I'm as big a BN fan as the next guy, but I have to agree with Livid. The endgame should've been in sight at least two seasons ago. Hopefully it's a killer final season.

The boo was a suggestive comment. I knew it would end soon but its still a sad day.

And I like certain shows and although some should have ended a while ago I still will miss them. No idea why I should justify myself to you but still.