General Television Thread

Hellfire

Anyone watched/watching The Joe Schmo Show? I've only watched one episode and it's pretty good, and I was just wondering, is it worth going through the whole season?

Anyone watched/watching The Joe Schmo Show? I've only watched one episode and it's pretty good, and I was just wondering, is it worth going through the whole season?

I really liked the first episode too, but I've just got too much stuff to watch right now for me to have stuck with it. I'd keep going.

The first season of that show is crazy to look back at now due to some of the now-famous people who were on it. Kristin Wiig!

The first season was good. I'm a little surprised people still fall for it

Well, I suppose there's so many ridiculous reality shows around at the moment, and it's only on the third season, nearly 10 years after the last, I doubt the people auditioning for 'The Full Bounty' would be that suspicious of it being a prank show that last aired in 2004, and the show isn't like.. globally known or anything.

Edited by 0wen

I havent watched any besides the first season. Guess I thought it had been on this whole time

Fair enough then, yeah if it had been on for that long, I'm sure some people would have had to have been suspicious of it. It's pretty odd that they decided to bring back the series after so long without it.. but it's definitely a good thing, from what I've watched so far.

Edited by 0wen

In more lol, NBC news, they've renewed Last Call with Carson Daly for a 13th (!) season, instead of a proposed Alec Baldwin show that would take its place.

It sucks that it appears it was nothing more than a negotiating tactic because Alec Baldwin hosting a late night show sounds awesome.

In news that will surprise no one Cult was pulled from the CW schedule. They say it's not officially cancelled but come on. The star of the show tweeted about moving on to something else already. We all know it's done.

I thought it was interesting concept but it was slow as hell. I am like 3 episodes behind and am so glad I didnt waste the time catching up

Wow, tonight's episode of Psych was a good one.

The last scene with Jules/Shawn was pretty gut-wrenching. It's easy to forget, because of how silly the show tends to be, that they can actually do drama quite well. Pretty surprised they pulled the trigger on the reveal so early too.

In news that will surprise no one Cult was pulled from the CW schedule. They say it's not officially cancelled but come on. The star of the show tweeted about moving on to something else already. We all know it's done.

I thought it was interesting concept but it was slow as hell. I am like 3 episodes behind and am so glad I didnt waste the time catching up

This. I love Robert Knepper but all the other actors seem either forced or wooden in Cult. Just make a T-Bag spin off featuring him and i'll be happy. It's criminal he isn't on TV more.

The last scene with Jules/Shawn was pretty gut-wrenching. It's easy to forget, because of how silly the show tends to be, that they can actually do drama quite well. Pretty surprised they pulled the trigger on the reveal so early too.

I've always thought the show would end this way, simply because of how the lyrics of the theme go..

Apparently this was announced a month ago and I never saw it; Jeffrey Wright will be a regular on season four of Boardwalk Empire. Also Patricia Arquette, which is cool. But Jeffrey Wright :w00t:

Yeah I remember seeing that. It was around the time Livingston was cast and I swore I had brought it up but looking back, I guess I didn't.

I really need to get on with watching the rest of that series. I watched Season 1 and enjoyed it but then haven't gotten back to it because I'm swamped with current TV. With the Summer break coming maybe I can finally get to it then.

That last scene is what made the episode, if you ask me. Up until then it was kind of a middling, average episode, but Jules putting all the pieces together and realizing that Shawn's been lying to her - and, well, everyone - about being a "psychic" was just great. Maggie Lawson and James Roday both were really good in that scene, and I'm pretty interested in seeing what happens to their relationship now.

Hannibal is still good. Apparently the second episode got the same ratings as the premiere, and TVbythenumbers has it pegged as "likely" to be renewed. Here's to hoping. Last night's episode was beautifully shot and super creepy.