General Television Thread

Hellfire

Comcast did a free watch thing on a bunch of On Demand shows last week, so I caught all the way up on Mad Men. Can't wait for the upcoming season.

I also started Downton Abbey, but a little too late to get fully caught up. I got through Season 2, Episode 6, and now I'd have to pay to see the rest through Comcast. I'll have to look up other ways to catch up. It's a good series, but it's starting to get a bit too soap opera-ish for me. Also, I don't quite get what's so awesome about the Dowager Countess. I don't want to punch her in the face anymore (I did early on) - and she's even begun to redeem herself - but I don't quite see what makes her such a favorite when there's at least a few characters that fascinate me more.

I watched all of Party Down too. Pity there won't be more. Is the movie official or just rumored?

Finally, I've been DVRing late night reruns of Breaking Bad and I'm finally caught up. Holy shit.

The movie isn't official. They just talk about it maybe being a thing a lot. And Rob Thomas is going to have to use break time for the actors with actual shows now to do the Veronica Mars movie first.

You should watch the first episode back no matter what. There is a very very satisfying scene for anyone who sat through the first half of the season.

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty sure the movie is official.

I just finished the first season of Californication. Holy shit, what a terrible ending. It was okay up until the last minute, now I'm not sure if I want to keep watching the show.

As much as I'd like to say keep going because the first couple of seasons are pretty good, the show's gradual dip in quality makes me unsure. I will say that I thought the ending was decent for a show that didn't know if it was getting another season.

Still, it may just be best to cut your losses now so you don't get really upset when the show starts to suck. This current season is actually pretty good but there are a couple of pretty bad ones.

It debuts over here tomorrow but not sure about in the UK. I've been intrigued for awhile and from what I've seen, it looks kinda interesting.

I'm actually going to be reviewing it for iGR! /shameless plug :shifty:

Helpful TV reminder; Hannibal starts tomorrow on NBC, and Alan Sepinwall loves it. I'm going to be heartbroken when it's cancelled.

AV Club gave it an A- grade. I was already interested in seeing it because of Bryan Fuller's involvement, but hopefully these glowing early reviews mean that it'll make it at least a full season..