General Television Thread

Hellfire

Don't know if this has been posted, but Lemony Snicket's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' has been picked up by Netflix and will be adapted into a TV show.

As a fan of the series when it first came out, this intrigues me greatly.

I'm actually really excited for this. As a fan of the books when I was a kid, I felt the film was a huge missed opportunity, so I'll definitely be having a look. It seems Netflix have a lot of stuff coming out soon, and I read they were thinking about doing their own bigger budget feature films, which skip the cinema entirely.

Marco Polo comes out next month too which looks interesting.

The Bloodlines episode of Supernatural was the show's worst ever. Glad that didn't get picked up as a show itself. Awful stuff.

Speaking of Supernatural - is Dominion worth trying? This show sounds like a rip-off of Supernatural's ninth season, but is apparently based on that terrible Legion film. I love the concept but part of me said to ignore it, but now it's got a second season I dunno whether to give it a go.

Season 9 of Supernatural...

Oh man, I loved this season, just great up and down except for that terrible Bloodlines episode. I know some people don't think Supernatural is as good as it once was (the Leviathan season in particular was massively weak), but this season totally did it for me, and that ending with The Demon

Kane Dean was stupendous. Can't wait to start watching season 10.

My only downer is that I liked Gadreel and felt he could've become a fantastically interesting and complex character, and I thought his redemption should've been becoming the new leader of the angels since Cas was so reluctant, but c'est la vie.

Intrigued to see where Crowley fucking with time sends things too, and Mark Sheppard continues to prove he's such an amazingly strong actor to have around.