General Television Thread

Hellfire

If I'm remembering correctly old indy started reminiscing about his old adventures in different ways and situations. Sometimes stories as a young child sometimes stories as a teen.

Yea but the one I watched before going to sleep didn't have old indy at all

I like television. Namely, American sitcoms (most of the time). I'm struggling to find shows that I enjoy watching at this moment in time and I was hoping that someone would be able to recommend me a show to watch. To give an idea, some of current favourite shows would have to be Community (although the most recent two seasons were very much meh), Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Always Sunny, The Office and I'm sure there are some that I'm missing. Anyway, if there are any shows that you guys could recommend in relevance to them, then I shall be forever indebted to you.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Louie, New Girl, Mindy Project.

Ah! I said I forgot some. Yeah, I'm watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine at the moment and I've watched all of Louie. I'll have a look at New Girl as well, I think I've seen an episode before. Mindy Project rings a bell. That's with the girl from The Office, right?

Yeah, Modern Family's okay. I think I just got bored of it, though. I watched the first few season and then I just stopped watching it. I might get back into it, I'll have a look.

Thanks for the suggestions though! :)

If I'm remembering correctly old indy started reminiscing about his old adventures in different ways and situations. Sometimes stories as a young child sometimes stories as a teen.

Yea but the one I watched before going to sleep didn't have old indy at all

What I could find out is that it appears they are the edited dvd versions of the episodes which were changed to omit old indy and make the episodes flow better chronologically.

I like television. Namely, American sitcoms (most of the time). I'm struggling to find shows that I enjoy watching at this moment in time and I was hoping that someone would be able to recommend me a show to watch. To give an idea, some of current favourite shows would have to be Community (although the most recent two seasons were very much meh), Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Always Sunny, The Office and I'm sure there are some that I'm missing. Anyway, if there are any shows that you guys could recommend in relevance to them, then I shall be forever indebted to you.

The Goldbergs and Silicon Valley are really fun, the Goldbergs at very least have some throwback to the 80's per episode that you'll love.

But most of all, BROAD CITY. Broad City is the best, I'm still annoyed people didn't vote for it in the best TV Show thing.

• Like 1

Man, I hate Christmas break. As much as it kills me sometimes to stay caught up with my shows, I don't like flipping through the channels wondering what I'm going to watch on nights that are normally filled with my favourite shows. :(

I really feel like British TV has stepped it up in the last few years, and some of you guys are missing out. Sherlock, In The Flesh, Luther, Broadchurch, The Detectorists and Peaky Blinders have all be well worth watching. I just started Grantchester, which is another really well put together show, which has a nice little twist on the crime dramas TV commissioners in the UK seem to love. We've also got some really excellent acting talent coming through at the moment. Just nice to see a pretty dramatic increase in my eyes, and I haven't even seen any of Happy Valley or The Honourable Woman yet. Would love to see what some of our US members thought of some of these shows.

And on a less new British note, I watched the first episode of Knowing Me, Knowing You last night and 20 years on, it's still fantastic. I love Steve Coogan and the Alan Partridge character so much.

I get BBC Entertainment, so I have the opportunity to watch quite a number of BBC shows. The only problem is that it's very sporadic viewing for me, but I really, really like what I've seen of Luther, Broadchurch and especially Father Brown. Father Brown especially because Mark Williams is fucking brilliant in it.

Speaking of shows nobody here watches, Continuum is bad ass. I'll have to watch all the episodes that have been aired one day, but it's really entertaining, super fun and it's the only reason I keep the SyFy channel around.