General Television Thread

Hellfire

Is she a bumbling moron? I still always think she's one of the smartest ones in the room, the way she

handled the raid by going along with the fake feed was great. Plus, Maggie is finally starting to look smart as hell. I think he's improved quite a bit with his writing of female characters this season.

Is she a bumbling moron? I still always think she's one of the smartest ones in the room, the way she

handled the raid by going along with the fake feed was great. Plus, Maggie is finally starting to look smart as hell. I think he's improved quite a bit with his writing of female characters this season.

Just all the stuff with her bitching about the agent's RSVP and the loser during table and all that. She is just always made to be the comic relief in heavy situations.

But yes, competent Maggie is awesome.

It's also amazing how Jim has turned into a douche and Don is the good guy

I just started watching House Of Cards today. Man, I love Kevin Spacey and I quite enjoy the breaking of the 4th wall element that he does during the show. I've only watched episode one so far but pretty sure it's going to get even better from here on out.

So I binge watched about 7 episodes of House Of Cards last night to finish up the first season. Kevin Spacey plays that character so well and he really has a way of making Underwood come off as such a prick. I already have spoilers for the second season but that won't stop me from power watching that either.

About four episodes from the end, and I'm really digging Bojack Horseman. It's got a nice blend of comedy and drama. It's not perfect, but as most comedies take time to find their feet, I feel like a 2nd season would be very, very good.

For real, anyone who has Netflix or can still use a 30 day trial should give it a shot. One of the most unique comedies to come out in a while.
  • Like 1

My only problem with it so far is that they're really driving home how selfish Bojack is when that's already quite well established. I find the repetition a little boring sometimes, but the rest of it, including some great voice casting makes up for it.

As I didn't have access to I player for about a month, I've only now finished The Detectorists. Once again would really encourage people to give it a watch; it's charming, funny and has a nice emotional core to it. I hope that when BBC 3/4 goes digital, that they take more chances with shows like this.