General Television Thread

Hellfire

The Colbert Report and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson are both ending their runs this week. Colbert wrapped up last night, and it was a great send-off. I can only hope that Craig does (did - I know he technically tapes his Thursday and Friday airings together) something as fun and heartfelt.

Michael Pitt's (Mason Verger) is out at Hannibal, to be replaced by Joe Anderson (The Crazies, Twilight part 2, Horns).

Knowing Me, Knowing You was superb, looking forward to making my way through two seasons of I'm Alan Patridge next. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you should watch it, it holds up extremely well, and does the kind of cringey humour years before The Office.

Also Grantchester had a really solid first season. I wish it would resist the urge to have a new murder each week, especially by the season finale, I was far more interested in what was going on in the character's personal lives instead of the story of the week. I'd say that it's a huge positive that I feel that as a viewer, I just hope the show can be a little braver in its next series, because it didn't push too many boundaries, but it left things in a very interesting place, and the confrontations and revelations in the finale were well done.

Finished the first season of Heroes. I enjoyed it though I still say that 22 episodes is way too long when you're used to 14 episode seasons. After everyone warning me about the next few seasons, I'm not sure if I want to muddle my way through them but I hate leaving things unfinished.

• Like 1