General Television Thread

Hellfire

So guys im looking for TV Shows to watch and need some recommendations, i hate watching TV Shows as they air cause i can't stand waiting for months to see what happens next so i want stuff that is out on DVD or on Netflix possibly a show that is 100% done but if not no big deal.

These are the shows i own im watching or have finished watching

Big Bang Theory

Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball GT

Batman The Animated Series

Entourage

How I Met Your Mother

Kenny Vs Spenny

Rules Of Engagement

South Park

2 Broke Girls

That 70's Show

Arrow

Suits

Modern Family

Pokemon The Indigo Series

Trailer Park Boys

Also im looking into watching Sopranos (sp?) and House, Possibly Friends too

So by looking at those if anyone could recommend some shows i might like that would be awesome :)

Anyone else catch the premier of 12 Monkeys on SyFy friday night?

Justified season three complete...

Kind of a weak season to be honest. It had some good parts (particularly the fact it featured far less of the cliché annoying girlfriend that is Winona), but it just felt like a bit of a clusterfuck to be honest. Too many groups trying to do too much and too little pay off for it. The killing of officer Tom just felt so cheap as a death (even down to the fact he mentioned his kid's baseball game, seriously), and the fact Quarles'(sp?) random sodomy thing never went anywhere as a plotline just made it feel like they were out for cheap shocks.

Really enjoying Transparent, even if things have a tendency to move a bit too fast. Jeffrey Tambor is incredible and Bradley Whitford has just turned up in a minor role which is predictably great.

Yeah, I've only watched two episodes so far, but from what I've seen it's both hilarious and has tremendous characters. I really need to go back and finish it.

Watched the first episode of Luther last night. It was okay, but it felt like it was trying way too hard to be gritty rather than feeling natural, and all the cop cliché's (separated from spouse, kooky likeable partner, boss who is on the guys side but sees him as a loose cannon) just kind of turned me off. Shall I abandon ship now, or does it change?

Oh, keep with it. If nothing else, Idris Elba and Ruth Wilson are both fantastic throughout. You kind of have to go along with some of the stories; I mean, there's basically a new serial killer in London every week, but I found it completely absorbing and well worth watching.

• Like 1

Anyone else seen any of the Amazon Pilots?

I watched The Man in the High Castle, never read the book, and it was actually really cool. I want to say it was really good, but I keep forgetting the title and that's not a great sign, but I'd definitely be up for more episodes of this!

Ended up watching Table 58 from the Kids show batch because it looked similar to Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, one of the best kids shows in existence, and again, enjoyed that one but based off how it ends, it seems a bit more serial than I thought it'd be, so if it got picked up I'd have to watch a bit more before I'd know if it's worth continuing.