General Television Thread

Hellfire

Um, holy shit.

More names added to the Fargo cast. Not only do we now know that playing Lou Solverson in season two will be Patrick Wilson, but the supporting cast will now include Kieran Culkin, Brad Garrett, Jean Smart, Ted Danson, and the now-officially-confirmed Nick Offerman.

Damn. Damn damn damn. I want it now.

• Like 3

Just finished Justified season two last night (end of season spoilers, natch):

Loving the show at this point. Not a big fan of Winona, but everyone else is great. Boyd and Raylan carry the show with incredible solo work and a chemistry that's perfectly played. My one wish (besides Winona leaving) is that Rachel and Tim get more screen time, I feel like they're underdeveloped, and some of the stuff they've done with Art (particularly the bank robber episode with the guy who played Herschel in The Walking Dead) gives me reassurance that they can do justice to them given time. All the appearances of actors I know is blowing my mind too.

I really enjoyed season two, it wasn't as natural an arc as most shows are, but the show did a good job of making that less of a sticking point and more a positive element. My one gripe for season two was how Mags went down, I felt like they tried to give her poetic justice, but her getting to go out on her own terms when she's screwed the whole town over by selling to Black Pike, ruined a kids life (multiple kids, counting her own), and continually abandoned poor Dickie (who Jeremy Davies made into an amazing shades of grey character) just seemed like too kind to falsely friendly conniving scum bag like her. I'd prefer she'd have rotted in prison.

• Like 3

Watched the first two episodes of Agent Carter which I thought was really good, and a load of fun. Kind of what I wanted from Agents of Shield from the off. It's got a really good cast; Hayley Atwell's a really great lead, and James D'Arcy's a great actor to have in a supporting role as Jarvis. Dominic Cooper's American accent is still a little rubbish, though.

Speaking of James D'Arcy, he's a welcome presence on Broadchurch. I thought the first episode was a little clunky, but they've done a nice job so far of continuing the story in a way that seems natural. They're trying to fit a lot in, but it's still got potential.