General Television Thread

Hellfire

Benji, don't watch Dominion... Holy hell did I think that show was horrible...

Give it a shot if you must but you probably won't get through the first ep lol

Pretty much exactly what happened. Mind, it probably didn't help that I was watching a Supernatural season with a similar premise and significantly better execution.

RE: Selfie.

I am hardly surprised at this turn of events. The show was almost excruciating at points, and there were some instances where it stretched credulity (how could they think that a man who prides himself on paying attention to details wouldn't bother to read something that says that he's tagging a photo instead of making a comment?), but there was some structure there for a show that could have legs. Admittedly, I did stop watching after episode three because, well, Eliza Dooley was far more irritating than Eliza Doolittle ever was in any other adaptation of Pygmalion. Heck, She's All That did it better, and there the Eliza Doolittle analogue, Laney Boggs, was a social outcast avant garde artist with a lot of pretensions about people and a bit of low self-esteem.

Weekly post of GoGo shouting into the void that The Comeback is KILLING IT. It's my own version of livid and Suits.

EDIT: Also helpful reminder that voting on EWB's Favorite Show 2014 goes up in less than a month!

• Like 1

Hugh Laurie is heading to Veep!

Speculation is that..

(Veep spoilers ahoy!)

With Selina being the new President for the time being, Hugh Laurie's character will be her VP.

• Like 1

Better Call Saul will premiere on Sunday February 8th following The Walking Dead and then will debut in it's normal timeslot the next day.

Nice. It could honestly go either way but I can't wait. It's the first scripted show that AMC has aired on a weekday since Season 1 of Mad Men.

• Like 1

Holy shit, How To Get Away With Murder. It's basically a giant, plot twisty, well-made prime time soap opera. Viola Davis fucking kills it every episode.

PLOT TWIST!: Annelise went back to her house sometime after Wes murdered Sam and basically instructed him on how to get rid of the body, and the whole thing - the crying voicemails pleading for Sam to come back, all of it - was just a part of her plan. Hooooooly shit.