General Television Thread

Hellfire

Fucking hell, this week's episode of Silicon Valley had me screaming at the TV.

Yeah, so frustrating. But I don't think in a good way, I'm not a big fan of episodes like that.

It was so bad. Richard was still acted out beautifully, but it doesn't matter because I felt it was such a horrible story, there was no way for the audience to root for him because he was becoming self-destructive while being aware of that. Saying that, I do think the way they set up the ending was genius.

My prediction for how Silicon Valley season 2 ends:

Gavin ends up being the primary financial backer of Pied Piper after he gets forced out of Hooli by his own board of directors.

• Like 4

Finally finished the first season of I'm Alan Partridge, which I just love so much. Very excited to watch the 2nd series.

Tried the 2nd episode of Grace & Frankie. It's not terrible, but it really doesn't do anything for me. Though, through going on Netflix, I was reminded that Sense 8 is out on friday!

My prediction for how Silicon Valley season 2 ends:

Gavin ends up being the primary financial backer of Pied Piper after he gets forced out of Hooli by his own board of directors.

I figured this is what this season is leading to. I can't wait for

The clashes between Erlich and Gavin over who deserves more credit for it. Though I hope it won't resemble what they had with Russ right now, as I'm kind of tired of everyone that's been backing them fucking them over somehow.

I love SV. So many people were bitching about this past episode due to tech inaccuracy and the guys "not winning enough" I thought I was accidentally on r/squaredcircle or something at first. It wasn't the best episode and the show will eventually need to evolve the team outside of the house by having them advance, but I'm enjoying the ride. People were going full Comic Book Guy over it, though, unfortunately.

Do people really care if the tech stuff is inaccurate? I imagine these people continuously dissect the Flash for technological references that they make up as well.

Avoid the SV subreddit then. The episode thread was overrun with complaints, which most justified by saying they couldn't ignore it since they worked in the field. Some of them even said they were quitting the show over it, as if one inaccuracy disqualifies almost 2 seasons of awesome TV. It was an absolutely absurd circlejerk.

Edited by HeadChuck McGill

There is great content there that will easily kill an hour or four, but with a community that size there's a lot of trash to sift through too.

Do people really care if the tech stuff is inaccurate? I imagine these people continuously dissect the Flash for technological references that they make up as well.

Avoid the SV subreddit then. The episode thread was overrun with complaints, which most justified by saying they couldn't ignore it since they worked in the field. Some of them even said they were quitting the show over it, as if one inaccuracy disqualifies almost 2 seasons of awesome TV. It was an absolutely absurd circlejerk.

Eh, I kind of get it. If you're in that field then it can be really frustrating seeing stuff that really should have been researched considering the amount of money in entertainment. I've known nurses who hate medical shows because of the ridiculous amount of innacuracies and avoid them because of it, SV isn't really any different.

I watched the first couple of episodes of Wayward Pines despite the fact that it's an M. Night Shammy joint. I was interested because it reminds me of Silent Hill. It's pretty intriguing and very fast paced. A couple of aspects are a little off and I hate Terrence Howard, but I'm quite enjoying it.

I've seen the first two. Baddarina watched them and recommended it. Very impressed so far, but there's still 8 episodes to go (is this a one off season or something that will have more than one?) so there's plenty of time for things to slow down and get repetitive. For now, it's good!

I watched the first couple of episodes of Wayward Pines despite the fact that it's an M. Night Shammy joint. I was interested because it reminds me of Silent Hill. It's pretty intriguing and very fast paced. A couple of aspects are a little off and I hate Terrence Howard, but I'm quite enjoying it.

I've seen the first two. Baddarina watched them and recommended it. Very impressed so far, but there's still 8 episodes to go (is this a one off season or something that will have more than one?) so there's plenty of time for things to slow down and get repetitive. For now, it's good!

It's a "limited event series", I believe. It doesn't have to have a second season and if it does it'll probably be with different actors.

Oh, is it? I was holding off because those kind of shows are bad enough with dragging out endings and making them bad as is, let alone with M being involved, but if it's a limited series I'll just jump right in and see how it feels.

Those shows are usually only limited event series if the ratings suck. If the ratings are strong, they'll get a second season.

It makes sense because they're also running what looks like a webisode series with another protagonist dealing with Wayward Pines taking his wife or something. I haven't actually watched that but have seen adverts for it while watching the main series.