General Television Thread

Hellfire

So me and the girlfriend have watched the first few episodes of Bloodline and I've gotta say its pretty good. Its not something I could binge watch but we got through the first 3/4 episodes.

The acting is spot on, Ben Mendelsohn in particular deserves a lot of praise for his work.

• Like 1

So annoying that I can't watch the last four, cos my girlfriend's back in our hometown for a few weeks while I'm still in London.

Oh, and while I couldn't be bothered to do the second episode of Grace and Frankie yet, I did watch the first episode of Togetherness, the HBO show created by the Duplass Brothers. Thought it was a really solid start, and I can see myself getting through the other seven 30 minute episodes quite quickly. I quite like their style, and definitely think it's more suited to television than film.

Fuck off, I don't want "new entertainment formats", I want fucking Buzzcocks.

Now the only things on BBC I watch are Doctor Who, Have I Got News For You, and the increasingly dire QI :(

EDIT: Oh, and Uncle, but that's BBC Three and will probably be going the way of the Dodo.

How has QI been lately? I'm probably about a season and a half behind. Stephen Fry just doesn't seem all that interested in the show anymore.

Pretty much nail on the head. Everyone on the show seems like they don't want to be there, and Fry is just there to make a shitty sex joke every now and again and pretend like it wasn't entirely intentional.

I watched the first couple of episodes of Wayward Pines despite the fact that it's an M. Night Shammy joint. I was interested because it reminds me of Silent Hill. It's pretty intriguing and very fast paced. A couple of aspects are a little off and I hate Terrence Howard, but I'm quite enjoying it.

Russ is not my favorite thing to happen to Silicon Valley, but the choice of music to be playing in his car this week fucking killed me.

Really? I'm quite enjoying him for the trainwreck that he is.

Gilfoyle and Dinesh have been on fire the past few weeks though. Their sub-plots have definitely been the high points.

• Like 1

The plot Russ is having of losing like a few million but is still super rich was already done in Episodes. And it was a lot funnier there, too, but this is sort of serving a bigger story, I guess.

Well, that statement can't be remotely accurate. Every episode of Episodes I've ever seen has been just the worst.

• Like 3