General Television Thread

Hellfire

Discussion Relevant to Only Cloudy and I For Whatever Reason: This week's Veep was awesome. I loved completely changing the style for that one episode.

Tall McCartney!

He has the brain of a twelve-year old boy, trapped in the body of a twelve-year old girl.

• Like 1

From what I remember, The Wire was shot widescreen for the first two or so seasons but then to cut costs, it went to standard shooting - but still with high quality cameras. The blu-ray release looks great and I am going to buy it ASAP.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the first two seasons are definitely in 4:3.

Edit. I totally misremembered, it's that they wanted to shoot widescreen and HBO shot them down so they worked around it by making 4:3 look as spacious as 16:9 by using wider shots.

Edited by Quom

From what I remember, The Wire was shot widescreen for the first two or so seasons but then to cut costs, it went to standard shooting - but still with high quality cameras. The blu-ray release looks great and I am going to buy it ASAP.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, the first two seasons are definitely in 4:3.

It wasn't initially shown in 16:9 but they have the shots.

I'm I think 6 episodes into OITNB and it's been really good so far. But I don't half agree with you that they need to drop the whole Piper/Alex thing. I still have half a season left, so I'm hoping Alex's paranoia is actually justified and they kill her off, I've never liked her character.

I don't even particularly mind Piper, but I need much less of Alex. I've just never liked the actress in anything she's done, I don't know why.

Just give me more Red, more Boo, more Poussey, more Taystee, more of the transgender one I can't remember the name of, and more Luschek. He's like the only CO I care for.

Can't wait for Season Three of Silicon Valley especially if they go in the obvious direction from the way things played out.

HBO has me locked down on Sundays until Walking Dead comes back on. Looking forward to next week's debuts of True Detective Season 2 and Ballers.