Christmas Films

GA!

Every year while I was a kid they'd show one of the original Star Wars trilogy on Christmas Eve. It was brilliant - roundd to my nan and grandad's with the cousins and an early evening of Star Wars. Beautiful.

Also About A Boy, Love Actually, Home Alone 1 and 2, fan-dabi-dozi Escape, Sound of Music, Jingle all the Way, Miracle on 34th(?!) Street, Scrooged, Christmas Carol (muppets)....

Only just noticed...how did you get the "fan-dabi-dozi" in "fan-dabi-dozi Escape" to remain "fan-dabi-dozi". I admit, I'm not expecting the previous sentence to include the g-word but still...I hope you can read between the lines and decipher what I'm getting at. Is it because of your uber-mod status?

Edited by badotori

The Grinch & Elf are two that I've always watched around Christmas. Love Actually, Scrooged (Bill fucking Murray) & The Santa Clause (The original one, not the second or third). If your a Gervais fan as well, The Exrta's Christmas Special is probably the best Extra's "episode" of them all, short of Ian McKellen.

I also tend to watch Independence Day as that always seems to be on TV a few times around Xmas, but I suppose that's not really a christmas film. :P

even if it is the British accent of a reject from My Family?

My Family isn't as good without him anyway. >_> Though to be fair, I'm judging that based on the few episodes I've seen.

"You don't have a cute british accent though..."

"....YES I DO"

What movie is the surprisinly decent Nic Cage film where he runs into a guy in a petrol station and then wakes up to a totally different life (he was a high powered exec and in his new life he's a family man with loving wife, kid etc).

Actually a really good film. Nice and festive.

EDIT: Ok, found it it was The Family Man.

Here's my list in no order:

Santa Who? - 2000 made for TV film starring Leslie Nielsen.

Santa With Muscles

Santa's Slay

Home Alone

Jingle All The Way

Miracle on 34th Street - 1947 version.

Scrooged

Muppet's Christmas Carol

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians - normal version.

Christmas With the Kranks - see below.

Elf

A Nightmare Before Christmas

The Grinch

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Love Actually

It's A Wonderful Life

Die Hard

Bad Santa

Fred Claus

Jack Frost - either the 1996 or 1998 film. Doesn't matter.

Silent Night, Deadly Night

Brazil - it's mostly set at Christmas, so of course it's going in.

Oliver!

Wizard of Oz

The most notable exception I can see are the Santa Clause films. I'm going to watch them all together if I do this again in 2010... Although if I do do this again, I'm in either for some really crap films, or just repeats of this year.

I left out Four Christmases for Vince Vaughan related reasons.

EDIT: I'll review each film in this thread by the way. It won't be extensive, more a copy and paste job from my website if anything... It's the thought that counts, I guess. :P