Round of 16

France def Nigeria

Argentina def Mexico

Australia def England - Yeah I said it.

Germany def USA

Netherlands def Paraguay

Italy def Japan

Brazil def Chile

Ivory Coast def Spain - After Spain get too cocky due to easy group.

Quarter-finals

Brazil def Netherlands

Australia def France - Revenge of the Irish!

Germany def Argentina

Italy def Ivory Coast

Semi-finals

Brazil def Australia

Germany def Italy

3rd Place Playoff

Australia def Italy - Diving wankers going down, For real.

Final

Germany def Brazil

I know I have Australia going a long way, But they showed at the last World Cup that they have potential and being an Aussie, I have show them love.

I know I have Australia going a long way, But they showed at the last World Cup that they have potential and being an Aussie, I have show them love.

Meh, I don't find Australia impressive. Ghana did very well last World Cup too and they have some real quality players, whereas Australia is decent...in all positions, but not really one player that sticks out for me. To me Australia seems screwed in the group stage already, and I certainly don't see them reaching the semi's (Y)

Sadly Brazil will probably win the cup again.

Well, since everyone else is...

Group A

France

Mexico

-------

South Africa

Uruguay

-Can't see any other outcome here. South Africa have, officially, the worst team in the competition, and didn't actually get into the final stage of the qualifiers (yes, they were in the qualifiers). The home advantage might carry them past Uruguay, but can't see them upsetting the other two.

Group B

South Korea

Argentina

-------

Greece

Nigeria

-A lot of people are predicting Argentina to be a big name casualty in Round 1, as they were largely lucky to qualify and Maradona doesn't seem to be adept as a manager. But, I thinkthey will get through this group, they do have the quality. The other three teams are fairly similar in ability but I am predicting South Korea to nick the group win and the other two to narrowly miss out.

Group C

England

USA

-------

Slovenia

Algeria

-England are doing so well under Capello, I can't see any other outcome here. I think the US are flattered slightly by their #14 ranking, but did well here in the Confederations Cup this summer, they should be strong enough to beat out the other two.

Group D

Serbia

Germany

-------

Ghana

Australia

-Now I think Serbia will be able to surprise many at this tournament, they are underrated, whereas I think Australia are slightly overrated, and although they got to Round 2 last time out, I think this is a very tough group for them. Ghana do have quality and I was gonna pick them to go through as we're in Africa but changed my mind. This is a bad group for England to have as second round opponents, whoever we get will be a very tough match, but I suppose that makes up for the group (if we go through of course!)

Group E

Netherlands

Japan

-------

Cameroon

Denmark

-Japan are the strongest of the Asian sides for me, but won't be able to beat Holland. This group isn't easy for the Orange Army, but I expect they will win the group and will go far at this World Cup.

Group F

Italy

Paraguay

-------

Slovakia

New Zealand

-Italy will be as happy as England with this draw. The defending champions should have no trouble getting through here. Paraguay did really well in the qualifiers and it's because of this that I think they'll be good enough to get past Slovakia and NZ, two inexperienced WC nations which don't possess many stars.

Group G

North Korea

Brazil

Ivory Coast

-------

Portugal

North Korea

-Truly the 'Group of Death', but there are few teams that I can see beating Brazil, it's Portugal you have to worry for here (not that I'll be losing any sleep :P). They struggled to get through qualifying and were nicely and snugly protected by FIFA in the play-offs, but here they face a task that is very, very tough.

Group H

Spain

Switzerland

-------

Chile

Honduras

-Spain will win this group, no question. They've got the best team in this tournament IMO and don't have to face anybody who can really threaten them here. I fancy the Swiss to make the second round out of this group.

Second Round

France def. Argentina

Germany def. England

Holland def. Paraguay

Brazil def. Switzerland

Mexico def. South Korea

Serbia def. USA

Italy def. Japan

Spain def. Ivory Coast

-I know I've predicted 6 European teams to make the last , but ah well. Argentina and France would be an interesting clash of the shit managers, but I think France have better all-round quality in their team at the moment. England going out in Round 2 may be a surprise but Germany ALWAYS perform at the big tourneys, and I thought I'd go for something different by having Serbia win the group. The top seeded team will not win every group (bar the South Africa group). Can't see Holland, Brazil or Italy having any problems if that draw transpires, Serbia would prove too strong for the USA, same for Mexico over South Korea. Spain-Ivory Coast is the pick of the round there for me, but can see Spain sneaking it.

Quarter Finals

Germany def. France

Holland def. Brazil

Serbia def. Mexico

Spain def. Italy

-France would be exploited by the tough and clinical Germans here, but the other three would all be reall close for me. Spain may be favourites but they could potentially have to get past Brazil and Italy just to get to the semi-finals! Like I said earlier though I believe they have the best squad in this tournament and therefore I predict them to get past Italy. Holland over Brazil is just because I think that the Dutch are a team capable of beating Brazil, and I really do rate an underdog to go far in this tournament, and I think Serbia are best placed to do it.

Semi-Finals

Germany def. Holland

Spain def. Serbia

-Not a lot to say here. Spain are rewarded for having to go past Ivory Coast and Italy by being given Serbia for the semi-finals, leading to a victory. Germany to edge out the Dutch and set up a rematch of Euro 2008's finale.

Third-Placed Play-Off

Holland def. Serbia

Final

Spain def. Germany

-Same match and same result as Euro 2008, with Spain taking the World Cup victory.

I'm sure pretty much none of that will happen though :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • Admin

BBC World Cup team: Jurgen Klinsmann (pundit), Clarence Seedorf (pundit), Emmanuel Adebayor (pundit), Gordon Strachan (pundit), Colin Murray (host), Gary Linekar (host), Alan Hansen (pundit), Alan Shearer (pundit), Lee Dixon (pundit), Mark Lawrenson (pundit), Mark Bright (pundit), Mick McCarthy (pundit), Martin Keown (pundit), Graham Taylor (radio), David Moyes (radio), Robbie Savage (radio), Chris Waddle (radio) and Danny Mills (radio).

Hmm, I missed this thread. Suppose I should do my predictions.

Group A:

1st: Mexico

2nd: France

Group B:

1st: Argentina

2nd: Greece

Group C:

1st: England

2nd: United States

Group D:

1st: Germany

2nd: Serbia

Group E:

1st: Holland

2nd: Cameroon

Group F:

1st: Italy

2nd: Paraguay

Group G:

1st: Brazil

2nd: Ivory Coast (fuck it. Didier Drogba will be a one man wrecking machine. I feel dirty for predciting them to get through because they're probably the most overrated team in the competition, but my love for Drogba takes precedence)

Group H:

1st: Spain

2nd: Chile (was tight between them and Honduras and I want Honduras to do awesome, but Chile are just the more experienced outfit)

Second Round:

Greece beat Mexico (and it will be horrible)

France beat Argentina (just don't see the over-reliance on Messi paying off, though I do want them to do well)

England beat Serbia (though I'm really skeptical about this one - probably the hardest second round match we've had in aaaaaages)

Germany beat United States

Holland beat Paraguay

Cameroon beat Italy (in extra time!)

Brazil beat Chile

Spain beat Ivory Coast

Quarter Finals:

England beat Greece

Germany beat France

Brazil beat Cameroon

Spain beat Holland

Semi Finals:

Brazil beat England

Spain beat Germany

Third Place Match:

England beat Germany (in probably the most/only cared about third place match in history)

THE FINAL

Spain beat Brazil

I now look forward to seeing these completely blown out of the water. Also, that poster is genius.

Edited by Pesci

BBC World Cup team: Jurgen Klinsmann (pundit), Clarence Seedorf (pundit), Emmanuel Adebayor (pundit), Gordon Strachan (pundit), Colin Murray (host), Gary Linekar (host), Alan Hansen (pundit), Alan Shearer (pundit), Lee Dixon (pundit), Mark Lawrenson (pundit), Mark Bright (pundit), Mick McCarthy (pundit), Martin Keown (pundit), Graham Taylor (radio), David Moyes (radio), Robbie Savage (radio), Chris Waddle (radio) and Danny Mills (radio).

OK, so this is going to be AWESOME. Especially considering...