L33t Thread 2010

YI

Got some great leaks from Apparatjik (quirky electronic side-project from Mew, Coldplay and Aha...which is just a weird mix :shifty:), The Knife and Two Door Cinema Club.

Two Door Cinema Club album is fucking awesome. Not massive on the new version of "Cigarettes In The Theatre" (still a good song), but the rest is massive (the last song is a little bland, but okay). I think they're gonna be a lot like Friendly Fires, in that live the song's are just going to explode into something amazing (the percussion especially reminds me of Friendly Fires)...only on first listen they're a billion times better on record that FF are. The riff's are so cool and dancey. Reminds me a lot of Minnaars as well, which is great.

Edited by YI

So, in other Eddie Argos side-project news, has anyone heard Everybody Was In The French Resistance....Now!?

I'm really not sure what I make of it. Odd pseudo-parodies of popular songs and suchlike, and I'm really not sure what he's trying to achieve with it all. They seem to be songs taken from the perspective of other characters - so The Crystals' "I'm A Rebel" from the perspective of...someone who thinks the "Rebel" is "just a prick"? Billie Jean from the perspective of the kid who is apparently not Michael Jackson's son? I'm really not quite sure.

Edited by Skummy

No, I'm not really sure I do either. I just don't see the point in it all...if it's just supposed to be parody, it's not funny enough, and it doesn't really have any worth outside of that.

For all you l33t student types here's the cheapest I've been able to find Marina and the Diamonds new album

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002ZTIILC/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

LESS THAN A FIVER! LESS THAN A FIVER!

Even though I'm not sure if l33t music fans who pay for music exist <_<

Hey, I've bought quite a lot of music recently. :shifty:

MARK HOPPUS QUITS FALL OUT BOY!

:shifty:

As for the FOB situation. "Take This To Your Grave" is honestly one of my favourite albums ever. Pop-Punk goes through those stages where an album or band just transcends the genre and becomes the influence for all those that follows. "Punk In Drublic", "Enema Of The State" etc. And without "Take This To Your Grave" (and New Found Glory) you wouldn't have the amazing 'punkcore' bands that are around now like; Four Year Strong, Pendleton, The Wonder Years, All Or Nothing, Chaos Days, Me Vs Hero, Latin For Truth etc. Just one hell of an album. Since then it's been downhill. "...Cork Tree" had some massive songs, but some guff. 3rd album, the first 4 songs were good (the boyband number was epic), but after that it went to shit...and the last one...honestly the only thing I remember about it is that the last song ripped off a song from the 80's...I wanna say "Livin' On A Prayer", but I'm not sure...but it was proper shit.

If they've broken up, meh, I wont really mind (part of me will be a little gutted I didn't see them at Leeds last year, but then again, I heard they were pretty bad). If they do continue on, I hope that Patrick gets all his grandeur out of his system in a Genesis-esque solo album and takes FOB back to playing Grave/Cork tree style material.

And fuck Pete Wentz...he seems like a little gobshite. I like Patrick Stump, because he's got that vibe of "that guy you went to college with" about him.

And I was gonna have an early night, but new Crime In Stereo ("I Was Trying To Describe You To Someone") has leaked. :D Damnit, so has Story Of The Year and Tony Sly.

Bastards...my laziness has got the better of me...Miike Snow are here tomorrow, there was still tickets left this morning so I thought everything will be fine, but ticketweb now seems to have sold out...grrrrrrr...I'll check in Beatdown tomorrow to see if they have any tickets left. They fucking better. :(

Edited by YI

I know people bitch about bands changing sounds and stuff, but when bands get the change right it's amazing. Like Rx Bandits going from a fairly bog standard ska band to a prog-rock band and are a million times better for it. And Crime In Stereo going from a moderate melodic hardcore band to this experimental rock/post-rock/Brand New esque hybrid shit and are so much better for it, it's ridiculous.

"Not Dead", "Odalisque", "Type One" and "I Cannot Answer You Tonight" are ridiculously massive tracks.

In other news, the new Story Of The Year is utter, utter gash. I mean, all the albums before it have pretty much only had about 3/4 good tunes at most, but this is easily the worst.

Edited by YI

i have ordered that now. thanks!

and fuck...I've ordered it to be sent to last year's flat. will need to stop doing that >_<

Wish I didn't order this. I don't like Marina anymore because I was working in HMV today and they got her to say that "blah blah blah I'm Marina and you're listening to Channel HMV" or whatever. Now normally I wouldn't mind but she didn't pronounce H the right way. She said haitch emm vee. Not aitch emm vee.

Fucking hate the woman now.

the song titles on the new H.I.M. album are absolutely hilarious.

Screamworks: Love In Theory And Practice

1. In Venere Veritas

2. Scared To Death

3. Heartkiller

4. Dying Song

5. Disarm Me (With Your Loneliness)

6. Love, The Hardest Way

7. Katherine Wheel

8. In The Arms Of Rain

9. Ode To Solitude

10. Shatter Me With Hope

11. Acoustic Funeral (For Love In Limbo)

12. Like St. Valentine

13. The Foreboding Sense Of Impending Happiness