L33t Thread 2010

YI

is it a newspaper/magazine interview or video/radio interview?

If it's the first you might want to plan in advance a bit more. I mostly do radio interviews. I really do next to no research, just have a normal chat with the band then edit the hell out of it so it sounds good. Like normally for a 2 minute interview I'll speak to a band for like half an hour or something.

It's for a magazine, so I know I'm going to have to do a fair bit of research. Though interviewing smaller bands I generally try and just have a chat and write the thing up less as a structured "interview" but just an article about them, interspersed with quotes I got off them, for a bigger band it's not going to be quite so easy. The nature of the magazine means I can get away with being a bit flippant and whatnot, but obviously it would help to have the faintest idea what I was on about. Was just curious if anybody knew any hot topics to bring up or anything.

Why have I not seen YI going on about Name The Pet? Seriously, it's (as far as I can make out) hot blonde, Scandinavian, electro pop. Surely he must've cottoned on months ago.

Either way, it's really fucking good. It's like a mix between Lady Gaga and MSTRKRFT. I don't normally go for this kinda stuff, but I am on this in a bad way.

Never heard of Name The Pet, they sound good...not normally my sort of electro-pop (I tend to lean more towards cheesy) but I'm liking...singer has some pins on her too.

My computer decided Thursday night would be the optimum time to get a Trojan and die on me. Thankfully I managed to save all my music...I was close to a breakdown. :shifty:

And new Baribeau. :o Need to find.

Edited by YI

Not sure if its leaked yet, and I'm kinda pissed because I get all Plan-It-X releases for the year, but its not a PIX release, but they're going to carry it, so I'm not sure if I'm getting it or not. I might just shill out the five bucks to buy it anyway.

E: Two new songs are up on his myspace, but I'm at work and can't listen!

Listening through Jonsi's (Sigur Ros) album for the first time. Really, really enjoy it. Sigur Ros with a more elctronica/orchestral vibe to it. English vocals that make him seem a little bit like he has down symdrome, but I'm really enjoying it.

"Grow Till Tall" and "Hengilás" are going to be totally raped by Sky Movies in the next 5-years.

And while I'm here, tracklist for Kyte's "Dead Waves";

01. The Smoke Saves Lives

02. ihnfsa

03. You’re Alone Tonight

04. Designed For Damage

05. Like She Said

06. Fear Of Death

07. Each Life Critical

08. Non-one Is Angry, Just Afraid

09. The Guns And The Knives

10. Fake Handshakes, Earnest Smiles

11. Dead Waves

12. The Strangest Words And Pictures

==================================

BONUS TRACKS

13. I’ll Follow Dreams for You

14. Spoilt to Death

15. Staging the World

16. Cassette Culture

Not enough new stuff. :( On the actual album itself there's only 3-tracks I don't already have ("You're Alone Tonight", "The Guns & The Knives" and "Dead Waves") and 3 of the bonus tracks too (13, 14 and 15), but there's always the possibility some of these could just be "22", "8" or "30" which have been floating about, but finally given names. :( Should still be awesome thought. The reworkings/re-recordings of "ihnfsa" and "Fear Of Death" are massive.

Haha, just read this bit of info;

In the US, their track “Boundaries” was used on a nationally-aired advert for HBO’s The Sopranos.

Epic.

Edited by YI

Saw The Automatic tonight. They were wonderful, deserved much more than the crowd Gloucester had to offer (lifeles fucking scene kids). The new stuff sounded great live, bought te CD a day early (it's out tomorrow). I forgot how much I like them, although if I had a choice, I'd take The Automatic dying off and Paul carrying on with yourcodenameis:milo any day.

yeah, ycni:m really need to come back. I was listening to All Roads To Fault again the other day, and god damn it's still so wonderful. It's a shame that 'They Came From The Sun' didn't really catch on, 'Understand', 'I'm Impressed' and 'All That Was Missing' all could've been huge.

Anyway, what I came here for;

new Minus The Bear, and it's really fucking catchy. Sounds like they've spent the last two years in 1987. But yeah, it's a lot more synthy than the older stuff, but it's still so wonderful. New album comes out in May, I'm pretty stoked for it.

Also, have 'the gays' (:shifty:) caught onto The Sound Of Arrows yet? Every other press picture is them touching each other borderline inappropriately. Just been listening to the singles I've got from them again (been pimping them for a while), really, really like them and can't wait for the album. "M.A.G.I.C" was easily one of the tunes of 2009 (top 3 along with "Fire Away" by The Swellers and "Omen" by The Prodigy). Check them out;

Surely 'the gays' must have caught on by now. :shifty:

Funnily their top myspace friend is Name The Pet, who Ollie pimped the other day.

For what it's worth, I've heard numerous times they're an absolute atrocity live. Album's some good pop-punk though...even if they do use the cheapest synth imaginable (which is part of the charm).

...the band do reek of "knobhead" too. :shifty: But so do Paige.

Edited by YI

Shit, I'm now leaning a bit more towards Slam Dunk Festival instead of Evo, the line-up looks fucking amazing;

New Found Glory

Capdown

Four Year Strong

The Rocket Summer

Rx Bandits

Set Your Goals

Out Of Sight

Fireworks

Every Avenue

Breathe Carolina

Alkaline Trio

Against Me

Rolo Tomassi

We are the Ocean

Skindred

My Passion

Hit the Lights

The Wonder Years

The Audition

Wonder Years, Fireworks and Four Year Strong! :o FUCK ME!