The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

With all this Haynesworth talk and seeing as Intra-NFC East trades are the flavour of the month, I'd love to have Big Albert in New York next year. Sure, he's a dick and on a gigantic contract, but if Washington eat some of that contract themselves, then a front four containing Haynesworth, a healthy Justin Tuck and a happy Osi is pants creaming worthy.

I bleed blue and orange (Denver 4 life) but I'm sympathetic towards the Packers (cause I live in WI) and the Bears (cause I live in WI).

That is not physically possible.

You'd think so but it's not as rare as you might think. Not that it's right or anything but it's actually a lot more common these days than it used to be, if only because the rivalry has died down a bit in favor of Packers/Vikings.

I cheered for the Giants once, and that was when they faced the Patriots in the Super Bowl. And that's because I live IN New England and fucking despise the Patriots and their fans and would have had to hear them brag about 19-0 FOREVER. So, special exception because it was the lesser of two evils.

Giants fan. HATE the Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins and Steelers.

The Jets are getting close to that list thanks to their increasingly arrogant fanbase. 2 years ago, they were like Red Sox fans during the 86 year drought lamenting their cursed decision to root for Gang Green and just wanting to see them get to a Super Bowl before they die. Now, they're acting like they are a combo of the 2000 Ravens defense with the 2007 Pats offense and that an unbeaten season is inevitable.

With all this Haynesworth talk and seeing as Intra-NFC East trades are the flavour of the month, I'd love to have Big Albert in New York next year. Sure, he's a dick and on a gigantic contract, but if Washington eat some of that contract themselves, then a front four containing Haynesworth, a healthy Justin Tuck and a happy Osi is pants creaming worthy.

Haynesworth's contract isn't all that huge after the big bonus he's due. I forget the exact numbers but it's a very reasonable contract after the bonus is paid.

I'm a Ravens fan, but I'm having an identity crisis as they transform from a defensive team to an offensive team. I used to prefer watching the other team's offense over ours.

The Ravens have to get more powerful on offense to compete in that division. But they also need to upgrade their secondary. I'm currently doing a mock draft on another forum as the Ravens and I can tell you that I think you guys need a tight end on offense and you'll be all set. Defensively the Ravens need to get D-Line depth and fix their secondary.

But the offensive team transition is going to be happening with lots of teams in the near future as the NFL continues to put rules in place to destroy defensive football.

So it's unanimous, we all hate the Steelers.

It's not unanimous. I am the board's resident "homer" Steelers fan.

Though I'm sure someone will say I don't count.

Chase you're a homer. Embrace that fact. In your eyes Big Ben is the greatest QB in the league (although you showed NO stats to support it when challenged), you didn't get any favorable calls in that Super Bowl against the Seahawks and the league doesn't prop the Steelers up even when they aren't that great. Everyone else on this board can admit that their team has flaws, but you see the Steelers through a completely different set of eyes than everyone else does. I vaguely recall you saying that Ben played well in his first Super Bowl even though he had one of the worst games ever for a winning QB. That's why your opinion gets dismissed.

Edited by naiwf
  • Like 1

Chase you're a homer. Embrace that fact. In your eyes Big Ben is the greatest QB in the league (although you showed NO stats to support it when challenged), you didn't get any favorable calls in that Super Bowl against the Seahawks and the league doesn't prop the Steelers up even when they aren't that great. Everyone else on this board can admit that their team has flaws, but you see the Steelers through a completely different set of eyes than everyone else does. I vaguely recall you saying that Ben played well in his first Super Bowl even though he had one of the worst games ever for a winning QB. That's why your opinion gets dismissed.

I never said the Steelers don't have flaws. It's obvious to everyone that they certainly did last year. But that never gets brought up here. What gets brought up are misconceptions that I feel like I have to set people straight for. If I didn't get trashed every time I bring up my blog on NFL.COM I'd be happy to post my season preview when I get to posting it the week after the draft and you can all see that I am actually quite critical of the team.

Super Bowl XL is ridiculously played out because the Seahawks own ineptitude beat them more than any calls ever did.

I never said Ben played "well" I said he made some plays that had to be made in order for them to win and that's true. When the team needed him he came through.

What a strange weekend it has been for Santonio Holmes.

Yesterday, we reported that Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the substance abuse policy. Tonight, we're told that the Steelers have traded Holmes to the New York Jets.

It's the second time in less than a year that the Jets have swung a deal for a former first-round receiver. Last October, they acquired Braylon Edwards from the Browns.

Like Holmes, Edwards also is facing a likely suspension after pleading no contest to an assault that occurred only days before he was traded. Also, both players are signed through 2010.

Suddenly, HBO's Hard Knocks got a lot more interesting.

UPDATE: Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post reports that the Jets gave up a fifth-round draft pick for Holmes, who was the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII. A fifth-round draft pick for a former Super Bowl MVP.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...io-to-the-jets/

damn...

Pitt's had enough of the off the field BS i guess

Edited by Mofoticon