The 2010 NFL Thread

Vendetta

I love that Chase takes issue with that, when if anyone downplayed the Steelers past drafts in a similar fashion, his response would have been 100% worse.

• Like 2

WTF are you talking about ?

Pioli left in January of '09 ...

that '09 draft was terrible ... those Julian Edelman, Patrick Chung, and Brandon Tate guys have't shown anything .... Vollmer has only done enough to be the starting right tackle

(they also didn't have a 1st rounder in '09 mind you)

Darius Butler and Ron Brace rotate regularly on defense

out of the 12 players from '09, you've got a total of 6 that are impact players/starters/or regularly playing two years later

the '10 class ?

Uh, lets see .... Devin McCourty is a starting CB, Grankowski is getting playing time, Hernandez is looking like their best TE, Spikes is in regularly at LB, Mesko is the starting Punter

... that's 5 out of 12 doing the job in their first year

uh, yeah

Ok, looking at their past drafts, perhaps I was wrong.

But I really don't pay attention to what New England does so I guess I should have researched before saying something.

Thank you for correcting me, King of NFL Draft Knowledge.

With that said, a big argument against New England's longevity isn't whether they're drafting guys who can fit into starting roles. It's whether they're drafting guys who can fit into starting roles on a contender.

Need some fantasy advice asap..here's the roster.

*Starters

Eli Manning

Mike Tolbert

Thomas Jones

Marques Colston

Dexter McCluster

Antonio Gates

Adam Vinateri

Giants D

Saints ST

Reserves

Vince Young

Fred Jackson

Leon Washington

Wes Welker

Bo Scaife

Roy E Williams

49ers D

Jets ST

So I have a delimma, Colston has stunk it up so far this year and Fred Jackson does have a favorable match up. I don't want to bench McCluster because of how explosive he is in the Return game and a deep threat at receiver, So I thought of benching Colston, Move Mcluster from Flex to Receiver and then start Fred Jackson at Flex...thoughts?

I play in a keeper league that has been around for 18 years. This is my first year as the gm for this team. It's been almost two years since they have won a game and I've done a pretty good job at assembling a roster as a stop gap measure while I work on building the team...Don't mind losing but don't want to get blown out. We got our first win last week thanks to Gates and the Giants D.

Edited by Irish Car Bomb

New England wasn't winning the Super Bowl anyway. All those little white slot receivers can forget about running around wide open, though. Randy Moss is what made that offense go.

Can't say I'm sad, it's great to see the Patriots unravel.

Which they'll do for the rest of this season, then draft somebody like A.J. Green and he'll turn out to be Randy Moss Jr. Now, I forget, which team traded their first-round pick to New England again?

New England wasn't winning the Super Bowl anyway. All those little white slot receivers can forget about running around wide open, though. Randy Moss is what made that offense go.

Can't say I'm sad, it's great to see the Patriots unravel.

Which they'll do for the rest of this season, then draft somebody like A.J. Green and he'll turn out to be Randy Moss Jr. Now, I forget, which team traded their first-round pick to New England again?

Hmmm... why don't we ask DMN?

Edited by Lowerdeck

Hakeem Nicks is going to be one of the Top WRs in the league before too long.

Manning Up will roll the dice on Hakeem Nicks, WR, Giants in hopes that he will have a breakout season.

:)

He's already got 6 TDs this year, and gave one up today by not putting the ball across the goal line before he stepped out of bounds. He's slowly becoming the generic brand version of Randy Moss.

Edited by naiwf