UFC News and Discussion Thread

Holy shit did not expect that choke from Lesnar.

Other than the sub pretty much what I expected, really.

Worst thing about this? The Brock-haters will say he got destroyed (which he did) and he just got lucky, hence Fedor being the best Heavyweight in the world still, apparently.

Best thing about this? Proves Carwin has dangerous hands, and proves Lesnar is a monster who can take a tonne of damage and still submit you.

Do we have a decisive Number 1 Heavyweight yet?

Edited by WalkerWGZ

Actually from what I was seeing, Lesnar was defending a lot of that ground and pound. Definately hurt by the standup, and was in trouble and ate some shots, but I think Lesnar was pretty much as he implied letting Carwin punch himself out.

When Lesnar was like :D afterward that pretty much confirmed it for me.

Classy thank yous from Lesnar.

I spy Rock, Austin, Goldberg, JR and Heyman all in one shot. :wub:

Fucking awesome PPV, Absolutely worth my 35 bucks.

This is the way you keep fans coming back UFC, Kudos.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

What a great fight and great show.

And now we can fill in some more blanks about what kind of fighter is needed to beat Lesnar--somebody who won't gas after the first round.

I woke up everybody in the damn house. I knew it was over at the end, Brock had that locked in tight, and was going to rip his damn neck off his shoulder if Carwin didn't tap out.

What a great fight and great show.

And now we can fill in some more blanks about what kind of fighter is needed to beat Lesnar--somebody who won't gas after the first round.

If Brock gets through Cain - A cardioed up Shane Carwin.

I still want to see Fedor/Brock.

Just sayin' :P

I'm wondering what kind of game plan you could possibly put together to beat Brock. He can take a shitkicking, his stand up is excellent and we all know how he is on the mat. Clearly it's going to take a better man than Carwin to beat Brock into submission. I'm just trying to figure out who the fuck that could possibly be.

Kurt Angle?

I agree that Brock covered up and let Carwin punch himself out. It looked like Brock had opportunities to stand back up but stayed down and waited for Carwin....who I think should've backed off instead of punching a covered up Brock, and he also could've went to the body but just kept punching.

Edited by thisgamewelose

I'm wondering what kind of game plan you could possibly put together to beat Brock. He can take a shitkicking, his stand up is excellent and we all know how he is on the mat. Clearly it's going to take a better man than Carwin to beat Brock into submission. I'm just trying to figure out who the fuck that could possibly be.

fedorkettle.jpg

Ehh, Fedor-Brock would still be awesome. I'm on the Fedor train till he retires,lol

I agree that Brock covered up and let Carwin punch himself out. It looked like Brock had opportunities to stand back up but stayed down and waited for Carwin....who I think should've backed off instead of punching a covered up Brock, and he also could've went to the body but just kept punching.

Yeah, he basically rope-a-doped Carwin. Dangerous strategy, but it paid off.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I'm pretty sure Roger Gracie's way overrated in WMMA stats, but a bigger version of him is what you'd need. Somebody who can force the fight to the ground and dominate once it's down there, even if they have no standup at all. Don't know of anybody who fits the bill there though; if you're that big you think you can overpower everybody and don't bother to work on submissions. Dos Santos maybe, with a bit more experience?