UFC News and Discussion Thread

No need for spoiler tags. The thread is tagged with *Spoilers* :P

RONDA FUCKING WON SUPER FAST GUYS. She might even be fighting in August since Aldo/Mendes is off. She needs some real competition.

Jesus Ronda, at least give them a chance. I think she might have knocked her out with the judo throw.

Poor guy. He's gotta retire for his own health, man. I was kind of weary of him coming back anyway. Heart problems are too big a risk.

In all fairness, the condition he has is really manageable, so once the problem is found, he should be able to compete so long as his heart is closely monitored. Like, the level of competition isn't the same but I have the same heart condition as Struve and I was told that I could still do most things, but unless I was actually going to make a career out of contact sport, there would be no point risking it basically. Plus, it sounds like he had a panic attack of sorts, so not necessarily linked to his condition.

Rousey is just crazy, like damn. Crazy TD defence from Yves Lavigne also!

I heard he asked Ronda if she'd be ready to fight in August if they were looking to put her in the main event of 176.

That, apparently someone in the production truck told him to ask that but the deathstare was just wow...

dana-white-joe-rogan.jpg

Poor guy. He's gotta retire for his own health, man. I was kind of weary of him coming back anyway. Heart problems are too big a risk.

In all fairness, the condition he has is really manageable, so once the problem is found, he should be able to compete so long as his heart is closely monitored. Like, the level of competition isn't the same but I have the same heart condition as Struve and I was told that I could still do most things, but unless I was actually going to make a career out of contact sport, there would be no point risking it basically. Plus, it sounds like he had a panic attack of sorts, so not necessarily linked to his condition. !

It's just not worth the risk from UFC's side. Even if it's unlikely, imagine the backlash if he were to die in the ring out there or even have another blackout. Admittedly, I'm not a doctor but it sure doesn't seem like a coincidence that it happened to Struve.