UFC News and Discussion Thread

Lol at alleged sports journalist Phil Rothfield's latest shot at the UFC in the local murdoch paper today.

The sporting lowlight in his column in today's paper.

The UFC thuggery. It's a sad indictment on our society that so many people would want to spend a Sunday afternoon watching it.

4 hours ago, KingCrippler said:

I thought she looked confused/scared. Like she thought she was hot shit with her Vegeta shirt but then she discovered that Holly is Freeza. 

I'd have to watch it again but it looked like she kinda stamped and mouthed something. Awesome dodge, was very impressed with Holm.

All I know for sure is:

1. Rhonda Rousey definitely needs to get better trainers before agreeing to a rematch. 

and

2.  Miesha Tate better either have her will written or be ready to forfeit in advance if she ever has to face Rousey again due to the comments she made following the loss. 

I'm amused at the fact that the people Ronda destroyed up until this point are now talking about how overrated she is, and how they were never impressed with her. It's like all of a sudden this loss has negated the fact that Ronda wiped the mat with them, and more than once in Tate's case.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gazz said:

Great article explaining how Holm 'killed the Queen'.

Really explains just how nuanced fighting actually is.

Firas Zahabi also had a great video up talking about the anti-grappling Holm displayed as well the overall clinch battles that were happening. It was so fun to watch, but YouTube pulled it down due to copyright claims. 

Oh wait, Slack has it linked there already. Whoops.

56 minutes ago, Noah said:

28 fights? Yeah well it's nice to know his tally for 2015 but what about his whole career? :P

Ironically, 2015 is probably one of his least busiest years, he's only had 2 fights so far I believe? With a third on the 19th.

The interesting thing about Cerrone isn't just his output but the fact that he never seems to get injured. He doesn't even get medically suspended most of the time. Whatever his training regime is, it obviously works.

• Admin

Ronda Rousey can bounce back after her shock UFC defeat to Holly Holm, says boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya.

"It doesn't mean her career is over," De La Hoya told the BBC World Service. "She can pick herself up and fight another day. I believe she has the will and that demeanour to lift herself back up and be victorious."

De La Hoya has even offered to help train Rousey in a rematch against Holm, adding: "All I want her to do is succeed."