UFC News and Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, The Fork Incarnate said:

That's bullshit. Especially with Werdum saying that he'd still fight if it was Cain but not Miocic.

Why is it bullshit? Werdum knows that the fight with Cain is a money fight and worth the risk, he knows that Miocic isn't a money fight and therefore not worth the risk.  When you are at the sharp end you can't just fight for fightings sake, you must make the right decisions for your career and future.

8 hours ago, Rich said:

Why is it bullshit? Werdum knows that the fight with Cain is a money fight and worth the risk, he knows that Miocic isn't a money fight and therefore not worth the risk.  When you are at the sharp end you can't just fight for fightings sake, you must make the right decisions for your career and future.

Because it screws over a guy who deserves a title shot. Even though I'd rather see Cain vs Werdum, it just feels like a dirty move for him to say "I'll fight Cain injured but not Miocic" even though Miocic is a worthy challenger.

I admit to not watching a whole lot of MMA. But when Barberena got Northcutt to the ground you could see where Northcutt was seemingly lost and that lead to the submission. Northcutt probably should have kept the fight standing, but experience wasn't in his corner yet.

8 hours ago, Severus Cymbols said:

Yes! Fuck you Northcutt. No way he should be making 40/40 over so many others. Barbarena is the working class hero tonight

How on earth is it his fault that he's making more money? Should he have said "oh no, UFC, thanks but no thanks, give the money to someone else instead"? Would Bryan Barbarena or any other fighter said no to a contract like that?

Weird how Barbarena got the leverage to squeeze a tap out from the opposite side, though, when his hips weren't even positioned on the right side.

Silly Bader. Why would you go for a single leg when his back leg is so far away? That was always going to be a shot that won or lost him the fight.

My boy Big Ben continues the fairy tale, though. Lovely. 

4 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

How on earth is it his fault that he's making more money? Should he have said "oh no, UFC, thanks but no thanks, give the money to someone else instead"? Would Bryan Barbarena or any other fighter said no to a contract like that?

Weird how Barbarena got the leverage to squeeze a tap out from the opposite side, though, when his hips weren't even positioned on the right side.

Silly Bader. Why would you go for a single leg when his back leg is so far away? That was always going to be a shot that won or lost him the fight.

My boy Big Ben continues the fairy tale, though. Lovely. 

I didn't say it's Sage's fault. It's Dana White and the UFC's fault for underpaying and treating a load of their fighters like crap. So it's not about hating on Sage per se, it's the principle of the whole thing.

I seriously think Sage panicked more than it was actually Barbarena getting the leverage to finish. Barnett getting submitted bummed me out, though I was hoping for an awkward Rothwell wrestling style promo. I like both Bader and Rumble but man, Bader made a horrible decision on the level of Chael Sonnen in the second Silva fight. That was a hail mary play that definitely did not work out well for him.