UFC News and Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

What's everyone's opinion on Hendo knocking Bisping the fuck out again? That may be my favorite moment in UFC ever and I would love a new version of it. Drop the hammer on him! :w00t:

I cheer every Hendo win! I cheer even more when it's Hendo knocking Bisping out!

17 hours ago, The WAR Fork said:

I'm pretty sure he was told that win, lose or draw he had to go back down and defend his title.

See my previous gif. Money makes the matches now, not the competition.

• Like 1

On 22/08/2016 at 02:10, Little Red Srarvette said:

What's everyone's opinion on Hendo knocking Bisping the fuck out again? That may be my favorite moment in UFC ever and I would love a new version of it. Drop the hammer on him! :w00t:

I am against it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Just Joe said:

Don't know how anyone could have scored the fight in Nate's favour, it was close but he was knocked down three times and failed all but one takedown attempt. He misplaced more shots too. 

I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see Nate getting the second round because, although he was dominated for four minutes and knocked down, Nate always got right back up and never looked like he was rocked or was dazed. Yet when Nate took over on Conor in the final minute, Conor looked to be in worse shape than Nate had been. Conor was pressed up against the fence, he was getting rocked, and he was taking a barrage of punches with little defence. I can see why a judge would look at that and say, from a visual perspective, that Nate did more in this one minute than Conor did in his four.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/24/12622264/jon-jones-brock-lesnar-facing-potential-shorter-suspensions-from-usada

According to the United States Anti-Doping Agency's policy, both fighters are facing a maximum one-year suspension for their recent failed drug tests, not the usual two-year ban.

The reason for the shorter suspension is because the banned substances the pair tested positive for -- Hydroxy-clomiphene, an anti-estrogenic agent, as well the Letrozole metabolite, an aromatase inhibitor, which was only found in Jones' system -- are considered "specified substances" under the World Anti-Doping Agency Code.

Per the WADA Code, "there is a greater likelihood that these (specified) substances could be susceptible to a credible non-doping explanation." When it comes to specified substances, the WADA Code recognizes that it is possible for a prohibited substance to enter an athlete's body inadvertently, "and therefore allow a tribunal more flexibility when making a sanctioning decision."

Important to note that if an athlete is found with a specified substance in his or her system, they could receive as little as a public warning, and if the athlete chooses not to accept the sanction from the USADA, they have the right to go to arbitration, which is normally overseen by the American Arbitration Association, a group independent of USADA. The fighter also has the choice between a single arbitrator, or a three person panel to oversee the case.

On 22/08/2016 at 02:10, Little Red Srarvette said:

This kinda attitude does make me laugh. Irrelevant of what people feel about Bisping, Hendo knew he had knocked him out and threw another punch at a defenceless fighter. If it was someone else, someone less liked, who had done what Henderson did, there would have been outrage.

Enough fighters do 'walk-off KOs' because you know when you've thrown a punch to knock someone out.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Liam said:

This kinda attitude does make me laugh. Irrelevant of what people feel about Bisping, Hendo knew he had knocked him out and threw another punch at a defenceless fighter. If it was someone else, someone less liked, who had done what Henderson did, there would have been outrage.

Enough fighters do 'walk-off KOs' because you know when you've thrown a punch to knock someone out.

It wasn't just a punch, Henderson threw; it was a leaping, diving hammerfist, giving it so much more power. If Bisping returned the favour, I would not feel any sympathy at all for Henderson

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Liam said:

Let's not also forget that in his post-fight interview he literally admitted he knew Bisping was out and threw another one to "shut him up" and a lot of people laughed and thought it was wonderful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 9 to 5 said:

That really is scumbag behaviour, as is loving Henderson's actions.

It's remarkable but not surprising that people conveniently find a way to disregard morality when someone they don't like is on the receiving end of scumbag behaviour. If Bisping  does the same thing to Henderson in the rematch, those same people will just as quickly regain their morality and start calling for Bisping to be fined, suspended, or even fired.

15 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Let's not also forget that in his post-fight interview he literally admitted he knew Bisping was out and threw another one to "shut him up" and a lot of people laughed and thought it was wonderful.

Did he say that? That changes my opinion on Hendo some. I just like watching people beat the shit out of Bisping is all :( 

Demian Maia put the exclamation mark on his claim for a title shot by walking right through Carlos Condit. The only problem is that Stephen Thompson has already earned the next shot at the welterweight title, at least in theory; whether he actually gets that shot remains to be seen, because if GSP does return. he'll almost certainly face Woodley for the title. If that happens, it would make sense for Thompson and Maia to be the co main event, so they can fight for the chance to face the winner, and also so the UFC can plug either one of them into the main event if GSP or Woodley get hurt.