UFC News and Discussion Thread

There isn't much in sport that's sadder than seeing a past-it fighter keep going. In a non-contact sport, the worst that will realistically happen is that they look a bit embarrassing, whereas over-the-hill participants in combat sports get brain damage.

Considering the recent news regarding his violent behaviour outside of the cage, and the fact that the past four or five years he's lost like 9 times, all of them pretty bad beatdowns, I'm pretty sure more hits to the head don't help. Everyone in this is to blame, from the athletic commission to the UFC to BJ's team. 

Speaking of violent behaviour outside the octagon, it's funny that it's been a week since a report came out regarding an assault by Jon Jones outside a strip club and nobody has given a shit. I guess the more you be a shit, the less people are going to care. Now all that's gonna' happen is he's going to headline the MSG show and we'll forget about this by this time next year. 

In actual feel good news, Nicholas Dalby is back with the UFC, returning at UFC Copenhagen. Was actually at his first two fights after being cut - in Gothenburg and Cardiff, and it made me a big fan. Drew against a much bigger Darren Till too, so I’m interested to see how far he can actually go this time. 

16 hours ago, Meacon said:

I don't like him, but he good.  

Yeah he's incredible, the pace he and Usman would be so fun to watch and I really hope they pull the trigger on that finally. 

But yeah, he vile as fuck too. They showed a shot of the Trump dipshits and I turned my TV off.

• 2 weeks later...

BJ Penn got into a bar fight in Hawaii.

He got knocked out. Seriously. Dude slapped him in the face and turned his lights out.