UFC News and Discussion Thread

Actually, overall I enjoyed UFC 58 a lot more than Pride 31. Don't get me wrong, Unbreakable was a show worth watching, but I really didn't think it was that great. Not as fun as Canada vs. USA.

Ultimate Fight Night 4 is next on April 6th and it looks really good, in my opinion. I really like how the UFC is stacking these

Joe Stevenson vs. Josh Neer

Rashad Evans vs. Sam Hogar

Stephan Bonnar vs. Keith Jardine

Chael Sonnen vs. Trevor Prangley

Chris Leben vs. Luigi Fioravanti

Josh Koscheck vs. Ansar Chalangov

Josh Burkman vs. Jon Fitch

Luke Cummo vs. Jason Von Flue

The first three UFN cards have been kinda meh overall, hopefully this one can live up to it's potential. A lot of really solid, TUF alumi and up and coming talent on this card. If I was to put together the televised card, which will most likely be 4 fights, I go with.

Joe Stevenson vs. Josh Neer

Rashad Evans vs. Sam Hogar

Stephan Bonnar vs. Keith Jardine

Chris Leben vs. Luigi Fioravanti

I really, REALLY would like to see Cummo vs. Von Flue because it has potential to be a war, but I think putting the Chris Leben fight on there is essential because they need to keep building him up like have so far. He hasn't been hyped nearly as much as some of the other TUF alums, yet he's fought more than any of them and hasn't lost once in the UFC. Then slowly you move him onto PPV cards, and if he keeps on winning, you got yourself a contender. They don't need to 'Nate Quarry' Leben by overhyping and throwing him in the main event right away. He's being built wonderfully right now and hopefully that continues. As for his opponent, Luigi Fioravanti is an tough, scrappy slugger who is undefeated in MMA competition and could prove to be a test for Leben.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

• 2 weeks later...

UFC Middleweight fighter Lee Murray is wanted by police in England in connection to a multi-million dollar bank robbery. The robbery, which was the biggest of its' kind in the history of the country, happened this past Friday in southeast England.

Murray should have been a big part of the UFC Middleweight division, but he's been in trouble with the law so many times that they wouldn't let him leave the country and fight in the US. He's been a part of numerous street brawls, he's faced assault charges, now robbery. I'm pretty sure he's been connected to gang related shit as well. Murray's a good fighter, but damn, he's always got himself into some kind of trouble. He made an amazing, speedy recovery after almost dying, and now this.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Naw, Lee Murray has never fought anybody as big of a name as Ken Shamrock. I'm not sure who that "little black guy" is, but most likely he has not.

He has beaten Tito Ortiz' ass in a street fight, though. They had words at a bar in England and they ended up settling things either inside or outside of the bar, my memory is a little foggy. The point is, Murray kicked Cheeto Ortiz' behind. Ortiz's excuse was he was wear slippery dress shoes and was at a disadvantage because of it.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Yeah. So like if Ollie knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows lee murrays girlfriend, who knows lee murray, who knows ken shamrock.

He's seperated by six degrees from shammy.

• 4 weeks later...

Untelevised Prelims

Thiago Alves d. Derrick Noble

Ref Stoppage at 2:54 of R1.

Jason Lambert d. Terry Martin

TKO (strikes) at 2:37 of R2.

David Terrell d. Scott Smith

Rear Naked Choke at 3:08 of R1.

Karo Parisyan d. Nick Thompson

Tap Out due to strikes at 4:44 of R1.

PPV card

Jeff Monson d. Marcio Cruz

Official Score: 30-27 Monson, 29-28 Cruz, 29-28 Monson (Monson wins split decision)

Evan Tanner d. Justin Levens

Triangle Choke at 3:14 of R1.

Tito Ortiz d. Forrest Griffin

Official score: 30-27 (Ortiz) 29-28 (Griffin) 29-27 (Ortiz) (Ortiz by Split Decision)

Sean Sherk d. Nick Diaz

Official score: 30-27x3 (Sherk)

Tim Sylvia d. Andrei Arlovski

Ref Stoppage (Strikes) at 2:43 of R1.

Controversey online about Tito/Griffin. Griffin says he lost, as does UFC, online say he won. From the way it read to me, Ortiz dominated R1, Griffin won R2, and nothing really happened aside from a couple shots by Griffin and a takedown by Ortiz, but seemed that Ortiz always pushed the pace and Griffin delievered strikes when Tito would come it, but I haven't actually seen this yet, and will give my accruate review tomorrow night.

TIM SYLVIA! Talk about shocking. Sylvia/Arlovski III is definatly in order, and I'm speechless.

A great ppv glad I ordered it for an early bday gift. I thought Forest had the last two rounds . I don't see how he survived the first round to tell the truth but the second round and part of the 3rd he took it to Ortiz .

Damn Sylvia surprised me The Pitbull had him rocked but Sylvia comes out bam and pitbull falls . I was hoping sylvia would get his title back. and a rubber match between the two should be great.

I hope ortiz isn't too hurt I don't wanthim to cancel the fight with Shamrock

Doc, it seems to me it came down to R3, and some may have had Tito 30-28 in R1 anyway, but with that aside.... in R3 did Tito press the action? Because how it read to me was it was pretty even, offsetting offense with some punches and the takedown, and it may have came down to the UFC point of "Agressiveness" that they take in to account in the scoring, and if Tito pressed it then they would probably give him R3.

Tito through a couple punches and then the takedown thats all I can remember . So that takedown probably gave him the edge . I'd love to see forest and tito have a rematch. Is it me or did Liddell look really pissed about the decision though