UFC News and Discussion Thread

Damn I figured Trigg would have laerned how to look out for that choke. Did pretty good with predictions and I'll definelty get the next event.

Any word on Tra's health. looked like that kick hurt him bad

Horn told the ref (Big John) that he quit because he couldn't see anymore. He was having trouble with his vision from the first round when he got rocked. I wouldn't be stunned to find out he had a scratched cornea or detached retina tomorrow. Chuck hit him with bombs that would have put anyone else out for the night at least 4 or 5 times in the first couple of rounds.

Yeah Horn couldnt see. Chuck bombed on him and LET him get back up. Horn said he could standup with Chuck and Chuck was going to make him prove he could. Chuck couldve finished him off at anytime. Just my opinion. Martin was winning that fight before he telegraphed the takedown and caught that nasty knee that ended his night. The Law Vs Doerkson was disappointing. Couture looked like he might be in trouble a few times in the standup but took Van Arsdale down and did what he does best. Diego continues to win; hopefully they put him up against someone who is well rounded next fight. Forrest Vs Ian Freeman next UFC sounds like some fun to me.

Edited by JoeMimic

James Irvin's brutal flying knee that knocked Terry Martin literally the fuck out.

irvinmartin6th.gif

Tim Sylvia's KO head kick to Tra Telligman.

sylviatra4xi.gif

It's no Pete Williams on Mark Coleman, but it's pretty mean looking.

As awesome as those KO's were, it should noted that both men had to leave on a stretcher. Thankfully, both were ok.

James Irvin's brutal flying knee that knocked Terry Martin literally the fuck out.

irvinmartin6th.gif

Tim Sylvia's KO head kick to Tra Telligman.

sylviatra4xi.gif

It's no Pete Williams on Mark Coleman, but it's pretty mean looking.

As awesome as those KO's were, it should noted that both men had to leave on a stretcher. Thankfully, both were ok.

Edited by desiredtoe

Boom. They were two awesome knock outs. I won't get to see this card for a long time, as I'll be waiting for the DVD to come out over here and they've only just released Super Saturday a couple of weeks back. I didn't do too well on the predictions I believe, but the main guys I wanted to win did so, so that's all good.

Guest Takayamanofear

EDIT - I was wondering how someone could actually get caught in a situation to take a knee like that, but it looks like Martin thought Irvin was coming in with a flying punch, and Martin's ducking led to the huge knee.

EDIT - I was wondering how someone could actually get caught in a situation to take a knee like that, but it looks like Martin thought Irvin was coming in with a flying punch, and Martin's ducking led to the huge knee.

Actually its easier than you think in MMA wrestlers are especally prone to them. People go for take downs especally in late rounds might get lazy and put their head down. I think Martin was going for a take down got lazy and basically bam that was the fight.

That's the thing. In early UFC fights, guys would shoot in and leave their head out of their bodyline and fall prey to a Guillotine Choke easily. Lots of guys shoot in a straight line now and they fall victim to knee strikes. Human chess.

I live here up in Salem Oregon. Randy Couture and Matt Lindland promote their own fights up here called Sportfights. Leben has fought here several times and I'm getting to goto my first live MMA event and i'm pretty pumped. I got 2 111 level row C tickets for only $78 I consider this a major steal. Check out the card.

Main Event

Matt “Sauvé” Horwich (14-4-1) Portland, OR. Former Sportfight Champion

Vernon “Tiger White” (26-20-2) Palo Alto, CA IFC and KOC Champion

HW

Jay White (5-2-0) Albany, NY

Fabian Scherener (5-1-0), Ri DeJinero, Brazil

Ed “Bambam” Nuno (5-1-0) Portland, OR

Ryan Heally (8-3-0) Reno, NV

Pat Healy (7-6-0) St. Louis Missouri

Eddy Ellis (20-11-1) Yelm, WA

Damian Hatch (4-2-0) Bend, OR

Paul Daley (6 -3 - 0) London, England