UFC News and Discussion Thread

Chuck Liddell vs Jeremy Horn: two of my favorite fighters are showcased here aand its really hard to predict a winner. Liddell has the momentum but Horn has more experience and better submissions. In the end I see Liddell winning by KO late in the 2nd Round.

Randy Couture vs Mike Van Arsdale: haven't seen much of Arsdale , but Couture is great. I'm predicting Couture wins it via ground and pound in the first.

Frank Trigg vs Georges St. Pierre:Trigg and St. Pierre are extremely talented. But I have Trigg will be coming out to make it clear to fans that he isn't as easy as his past matches let on (being choked out twice ). So I say he wins it via submission in the 1st.

Joe Doerksen vs Matt Lindland: Don't really know these guys that well , but from what I hear Lindland is good. So I'm predicting he'll take this one via KO.

Tim Sylvia vs Tra Telligman:Sylvia is my man so gotta say he'll take this one via ko in the 1st round

Diego Sanchez vs Brian Gassaway: Diego might not be able to talk but UFC isn't about talking its about kicking ass and so far he's done a good job of that. Sanchez via submission. 1st round.

Travis Lutter vs Trevor Prangley: Lutter by TKO

James Irvin vs Terry Martin: Irvin by KO

Chuck Liddell vs Jeremy Horn: Horn by Sub

Not doing it because it may be fashionable, but I do like Submission fighters more, and I may even change my prediction pre-fight when I see tale of tape.

Randy Couture vs Mike Van Arsdale: Couture by TKO

Frank Trigg vs Georges St. Pierre: St. Pierre by Submission

Joe Doerksen vs Matt Lindland: Lindland by TKO

Tim Sylvia vs Tra Telligman: Sylvia by KO

Diego Sanchez vs Brian Gassaway: Sanchez by sub

Travis Lutter vs Trevor Prangley: Lutter by TKO

James Irvin vs Terry Martin: Martn by TKO

Chuck Liddell vs Jeremy Horn: Horn by Sub

Not doing it because it may be fashionable, but I do like Submission fighters more, and I may even change my prediction pre-fight when I see tale of tape.

I like the weigh-ins more when Joe Rogan announces them. He's hilarious on the stick, Buffer is just... well, he's a traditional ring announcer. Rogan cracks jokes and responds with the fans reactions. To Buffer's credit, he does give a certain authentic feel to the whole thing, though. I miss Rogan commenting on the fighters, like with St. Pierre's revealing undies... "weighing in at 170... with a banana in his front pocket." Best Rogan line ever! That and during the Tanner/Terrell mauling when he spouted off the "David Terrell doesn't like being dominated...." comment. I mean, Joe is a tremendous commentator, but that line was so blatantly obvious, especially with the look on Terrell's face as Tanner rained down blows on him. It looks like he was going to cry. And is there anybody that actually LIKES being dominated? The comment is so obvious that it's a classic.

Also, is it just me or does Diego Sanchez look more like Diego Guerrero now?

diegoguerrero8he.png

Seriously, he looks like a long lost Guerrero cousin now.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Joe Doerksen vs Matt Lindland: Don't really know these guys that well , but from what I hear Lindland is good. So  I'm predicting he'll take this one via KO.

Obviously not seen too much of Lindland. The man he ever managed to knock out was himself, unfortunately.

Guest Takayamanofear

Lindland did manage to TKO Pat Militich but actually for actual KOs that is not Lindland’s game. Nor should it be if you have lost 3 fights in your entire career one to Marilo Bustmante and one was knocking out your self. Your not doing to bad. We will not mention David Terrell.

Liddell Vs Horn, Horn has never been knocked out he has face people that I would consider close to Chuck’s Level to. But Chuck is usually good in these kinds of fights. ( Revenge type stuff) I would say Chuck by a Dec.

Couture vs. MVA: Couture should have this one. Couture by Ground and Pound TKO.

Trigg VS St. Pierre - My heart is going with St Pierre here. This is the fight of the night IMO, both these guys can do both pretty well. I am going to go with a second round Ref Stoppage in favor of Georges St. Pierre

Tra Telligman Vs Tim Sylvia: I always found Tra to be vastly overrated him is a B- fighter at best. Tra has not fought in a while. Tim is a bit angry. This is going be a first round knock out for the Maineiac.

Matt Lindland vs. Doerksen: Styles makes fights unfortunately for Doreksen they are both ground fighters. The second thing going against him is on the ground Matt Lindland might be the most dominate fighter at 185. This is going be a boring fight Lindland will take down Dorekson we will get a JD

Diego Vs tomato Can #1: Diego by 1st round Submission

Lutter vs. Prangley : Lutter could be in for a nasty little surrpise here Prangley is a good fighter with wins over Semenov. I saw him in Eutopia and UFC 48 he is a good fighter who I think is better than Lutter. Hopefully he proves it today. I am going go with second round Submission.

Last fight two good unproven fighters, I am going go with Martin by decision but this is the 3rd most even fight on the card in my opinion.

Guest Takayamanofear

Results so far *highlight these are prelim and I don't want want to ruin anything*

Jamers Irvin KO's Terry Martin with a Flying Knee 9 seconds into round 2

Trevor Prangley Decisions Travis Lutter

Matt Lindland Decisions Joe Doerkson

Edited by Takayamanofear

St. Pierre was a fucking monster tonight. 'Nuff said.

Diego on the other hand, was very sloppy, and would have gotten taken out by a real fighter if he used that same gameplan. He could've tapped that guy out in the first minute, but chose to try and pummel him instead. I wasn't impressed with his performance at all.

Edited by naiwf

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Horn was lucky to around as long as he was! Oh man! I'm so happy right now!

It's no knock out, but that was all Chuck, save for a few nice kicks by Horn.

See, Horn got his ass sprawled by Chuck. You can't take the Iceman down unless you're are freakishly strong.

Oh man, I'm so happy. Plus, I went 5-5 on the main card and 2-3 in the prelims. I didn't predict everything picture perfect, but whatever.