Red Dead Redemption

King Ellis

Has anybody done that Blackwater to Escalara achievement yet? I can only imagine how much of a bitch it is going to be with other people gunning you down for the giggles.

Has anybody done that Blackwater to Escalara achievement yet? I can only imagine how much of a bitch it is going to be with other people gunning you down for the giggles.

It doesn't take that long and you can die on the way and still arrive and get it.

Doing the Master Hunter II missions in multi was a bitch. For KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, I had problems because instead of a handful of cougars coming, there were like 30 in the area at one point and I had to literally rush into the Aurora Basin cabin to pick them off one at a time... and Khan STILL hadn't shown up. I then made a mad dash to a rock and got on it, more cougars came and I managed to pick them up and FINALLY Khan came to feel my wrath.

Finding a place to camp for bears made Burmas easy as hell though. In fact, after Burmas more bears kept coming and I had a fun time picking them off with well-placed throwing knives to the skull.

EDIT- Actually, typing out the hunt for KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, I wish I could have recorded being in the cabin. It was like Night of the Living Dead but with cougars.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I'm going for 100% and I'm currnetly trying to get the US Marshall outfit. Do I have to so all US hideouts in 24 hours without dying or can I die as much as I want, just as long as it's within the 24 gamehours?

Well, wont dying just set you back to your last save point? And it's not like you're gonna save in the middle of it since it'll eat into your time.

Yeah, I know it resets to my last save point, I suppose the wuestion is, can I reload it because it autosaves after each hideout?

I've got 3 done now, but I died at Tumbleweed, so I turned it off. The autosave loads in Armadillo and it has recorded my previous 3 hideouts.

As long as you complete the game within 24 game hours I don't see why it would matter. I died at Fort Mercer in the middle of it, spawned in Armadillo, and still was able to complete the challenge and get the Marshall outfit. I would just try to do all 5 in one go, though, just in case you end up finishing the other two but not having it count.

I was actually kind of pissed with this little challenge. The first time I tried it I did all four and was doing Pikes Basin, but I ended up starting it at the wrong end (didn't go to that guy with the yellow X), so even though I cleared every gang member out, I never got the 'completed' screen. Then I redid it, getting Twin Rocks and Pikes Basin done, and my game glitches (which it seems to do at least once anytime I boot the game up), where I sink into the ground and can't move at all. Thankfully I finally got it done, though.

Also glad to say that all I need to do for 100% now is 11 more bounty locations, probably 2-3 more stranger missions including the Funny Man one, the Bandito and Treasure Hunter outfits, and those ambient challenges.

I dont mind it taking time. I really only play on weekends since I dont have much time during the week, and if it means keeping the single player going for a while I wont mind. Im actually surprised I am THIS into a Rockstar game, since the GTA games I never really got THAT into outside of just fucking around and killing people.

US Marshal one isn't that bad. At least you don't have beat all challengers in Five Finger Fillet to get it. That was a pain in the ass.