Red Dead Redemption

King Ellis

Woah....just beat the game....

Ok, that was fucked. The last few missions were boring as shit (really, those should have been at the start of the game)....then they go off and kill John? Damn. I wish they would have had a bit more build up with the army.

Is there a trick to keeping people lassoed? Like I try to run up and hogtie them and they are always loose by the time I get there.

I was having a nightmare with that then realised that if I keep a hold of L2 (on PS3) as I run up to them he keeps them tightly lassoed until I can tie them.

That one isn't too hard to get. Just hold out in the fort in the south-western part of the map (In Mexico, I forget the name of it) and shoot them coming through one of the doors that ring the fort.

The one with the cannons? Yeah, there's a gatling gun by one of the gates you can use, and the other gate has a nice spot with a cannon and a canyon side limiting the Mexican Army's routes to you.

Best if you do it with a posse though, so you have at least one man on both gates.

Just got the game myself and a bunch of buddies of mine did exactly that Saturday night. Didn't get the trophy though, guess I didn't wait long enough.

What's really cool for me in singleplayer, though you guys probably figured it out by now... in Armadillo, I jumped off the saloon balcony, and ended up ON MY HORSE.

Too bad it was to answer a duel so I didn't need my horse...

Woah....just beat the game....

Ok, that was fucked. The last few missions were boring as shit (really, those should have been at the start of the game)....then they go off and kill John? Damn. I wish they would have had a bit more build up with the army.

Personally, I think the sudden way in which they did it added to the "WTF!?" factor, and made it better. If it was built up more, I would've sensed that John would be eventually killed off. I had no idea he was going to die before he got shot up by about 50 men. shifty.gif

The toughest part of this game, for me, is trying to get the wild horses near Armadillo to the pasture so my guy, the chick and the ranch hands can lasso them. I hate this pseudo FarmVille bullshit :crying:

Yeah, if you ever played Tony Hawk Pro Skater (or the skating minigame in MGS2 for that matter) you should pick up on horsebreaking easily.

Also, just managed to get Master Hunter 3 in single player all at once. Entire fucking pack came after me and I managed to cut them down one by one.

i just got into mexico on mine actually managed to do some single player thanks to a gap in my exams and whenever i come online and my mates all go go on multiplayer the tool i am goes yeah sure.

I bit the bullet, traded in my PS2, all of its games, and some DS games that I didn't play anymore to get $130 from Gamestop and then proceeded to buy a PS3, Demon's Souls, and Red Dead Redemption. Now just to get an ethernet cable so I can play with you all. And Target currently has a PS3 Controller and LBP bundled for the price of the controller, so I'm thinking about that as well.

As for this game, I'm obviously just playing single player right now, but it's absolutely amazing. Totally worth the money I spent getting everything.

Got a headset, TCO? We could all try playing again this afternoon if possible. I'm available at any time as long as it doesn't clash with the Brazil match which starts at 7.30pm.

I do have an old blurtooth one but it's broken :( . I may get another one if I enjoy Red Dead online enough. Perhaps I could be your Cuba Gooding Jr. from Lighting Jack, deaf mute cowboys can work!