Red Dead Redemption

King Ellis

You don't have to beat Bonnie McFarlane when you race her.

Oh, and do her missions first so you can get the lasso.

Got the Legend of the West outfit. TKz's idea worked, though going around the theatre somehow didn't work as well as claimed.

Got it eventually though, and baited some foxes in McFarlane's.

And yeah, Legendary Animals are easy as hell to beat. Deadeye + Evans Repeater = Win.

The treasure hunter challenge is IMO the hardest (The two that are on cliffs took me FOREVER), though Sharpshooter 10 took some tries to.

What I did, go to Theives Landing, put on a bandana if you're worried about honor hits, Equip the Evans Repeater and keep it shouldered while hitting it with Deadeye. Use Snake Oil and Medicine when you can.

See, while Deadeye auto-reloads, because it's not YOU reloading, you can keep the Evans Repeater aimed and go in and out of Deadeye without penalty. Then shoot everyone with a gun.

Also, co-op missions are awesome but I wish they were available for private sessions. Me and a buddy from another forum did them, and got paired up with a guy who used the Marksman set but would rush up to people. Marksman set IS awesome, but as I said over my mic: "Why use the sniper set if you're not sniping? Unless you're point-blank sniping"

EDIT- One thing I find amusing about co-op, is that healing appears to work by knifing the downed man in the ass.

You can, just start from a private free roam and go from there

Ending spoilers

Well, that was unexpected, but at the same time you had to believe it was gonna happen once he stepped out of that barn. That and the fact that he kept pushing the fact that it was over and he wasn't going anywhere for a long time led straight to the events that took place.

I decided it best to not only kill Ross, but his wife and his brother too. They must all pay!

• Like 1

Ending spoilers

Well, that was unexpected, but at the same time you had to believe it was gonna happen once he stepped out of that barn. That and the fact that he kept pushing the fact that it was over and he wasn't going anywhere for a long time led straight to the events that took place.

I decided it best to not only kill Ross, but his wife and his brother too. They must all pay!

I even killed all the ducks Ross was hunting. Guilt by association.

Ending spoilers

I even killed all the ducks Ross was hunting. Guilt by association.

DAMN! Missed opportunity...

I really love animals respawning. I just got 26 wolves and 34 coyotes just from staying in the same area. I now await to see how much I will get for this haul.

I completed the story tonight.

it was awful sad!

i started off with jack getting train to armadillo from blackwater for nice sense of symmetry but I think i might just start the game again but be a baddie this time. if my conscience can handle it . <_<

might try multiplayer also but I'm worried I will not enjoy it because i am rubbish

Ugh, co-op advanced seems really tough to do without a coordinated four-man team.

Also, The Herd seems to having problems with the horses spawning.

-EDIT: Finally got 100%

Also got the hang of poker cheating. Blackwater's poker game and all Liar's Dice games are my bitches.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

So I completed the game yesterday.

Wow, is really the best way to describe this masterpiece. After I completed 'The Truth will Set You Free' and riding towards home when tha beautifully atmospheric song kicjed in, I just felt a complete catharsis. It really felt like I had just been on an epic journey, that's how strong a bond I felt with John Marston.

As soon as I discovered there was more after the reunion I sensed it would end bad and I was right, though still shocked John was killed off. I still think it was the perfect ending because of the flawed man John was, he was never going to live a normal life after all he'd been through. It's only fitting that he was killed as cold-bloodly as he had put many to their death, after finally getting his redemption.

A video game has never pulled at my emotions like this has and I doubt any will ever again. This is truly the best game I've ever played

Multiplayer or single?

Single, just keep medicine handy, and whatever you do DO NOT CROUCH.

Multiplayer, little trickier. Having someone on a rock to distract the cougars and softening them up so you can shank em from behind helps.

Finished the main story. I cant ever remember enjoying a storyline in a game so much, being so glad to accomplish the storyline, and actually feeling towards the main character. I have to echo whoever made the comments about the music playing while on your way back to Marston's Ranch. That was a great touch.

Now I get to go ahead and do all the other shit in the game to actually get 100% <_<

Jesus, bears are awful. I go on my way back to that stage coach that is near the Aurora Basin location, and a bear comes after me. I shoot it, and another bear comes along and kills my horse. I make it away but eventually another bear kills another horse and me. Doing that 'skin 17 bear' thing is going to be a bitch.

Edited by Vitamin E