Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

My favourite Premiership club will be whoever is last to ban vuvuzelas. Unless a Manchester club are last to ban vuvuzelas.

Blackpool have already said they aren't banning them. So if you needed another reason than Ian Holloway, 3 sided ground, tangerine Harchester away shirts, and the fact its mo'fuppin Blackpool, there you are.

Also, SAF has basically confirmed he wont be bringing anybody else in before the season starts.

He confirmed that about 2 months ago, doesn't stop the press though. :rolleyes:

I must admit I worry (although it's not exactly worrying, more like reveling!) that Man Utd will struggle this season. Of course I thought that last season too and they pulled out a decent season anyway.

I'd still think that Chelsea have enough, Arsenal are up there in second and Man Utd will be with Spurs and Man City in a 3rd/4th/5th fight.

I'm also hoping that Everton finish above Liverpool this season because being a Spurs fan I know what it's like to have a local rival who keeps finishing above you. In fact I may have to pick Everton as my second choice team for next season ahead of Villa.

My favourite Premiership club will be whoever is last to ban vuvuzelas. Unless a Manchester club are last to ban vuvuzelas.

Blackpool have already said they aren't banning them. So if you needed another reason than Ian Holloway, 3 sided ground, tangerine Harchester away shirts, and the fact its mo'fuppin Blackpool, there you are.

I have now signed a one year contract with Blackpool to support them for a season.

I can honestly see it being a battle between Chelsea and Man City at the top this year. You can never write Man United off but if they don't make a few notable signings they are going to struggle. Although Scholes and Giggs are still great surely this is there last season.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Potato Head

1) Chelsea

2) Man City

3) Man U

4) Tottenham

5) Arsenal

6) Everton

7) Liverpool

8) Fulham

9) West Ham

10) Aston Villa

11) Stoke

12) Wolves

13) Birmingham

14) Newcastle

15) Sunderland

16) Bolton

17) West Brom

18) Wigan

19) Blackburn

20) Blackpool

Okay I don't think this season is the demise of United, in fact I think we'll be lifting the trophy again this season. And I say that because I feel the signing of Smalling gives some cover to a defence that got destroyed by injuries last season (Fletcher and Carrick as CBs wasn't ideal!). O'Shea and Brown are both back, Rafael and Fabio are two great prospects, Evans is a solid defender already and can only improve further, hopefully Vidic can recover some of his confidence as well.

In midfield I think Fletcher will continue to go from strength to strength, he has improved so much it's unreal. Hopefully Carrick like Vidic can rediscover his form as I think he is a very good midfielder. Scholes and Giggs still have a little bit left in the tank, Anderson needs to have a good season and I think he'll be fired up for it. Gibson isn't a bad player and with some more time will learn to pass more rather than always going for the shot. Our wings look good with Valencia having a very impressive first season and Nani finally showing what he is capable of in the 2nd half of the season. Park is a good, reliable winger too and Obertan looks a good buy.

Then upfront we have Rooney who will be desperate to put things right after his dreadful World Cup, Berbatov who will be looking to prove people wrong this season, if Owen stays fit he is still capable of scoring the goals and I felt looked good last season but was never really given a big chance, then the signing of Hernandez looks like a potential steal as he looked very very good at the World Cup and then there are other young players like Diouf, Welbeck and Macheda who all have potential and are probably already more than capable of scoring goals against the bottom half of the league.

An ideal line up next season for me would be:

VDS

Rafael Vidic Rio Evra

Anderson Carrick Fletcher

Valencia Nani

Rooney

Equally so would be to remove one of the midfield and put Berba just behind Rooney in a 4-4-1-1.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

So I thought it was a done deal, but Jol's turned down Fulham to stay at Ajax.

EDIT: And apparently, Hernandez will have his nickname of "The little pea" on his shirt next season. :lmao:

So I thought it was a done deal, but Jol's turned down Fulham to stay at Ajax.

EDIT: And apparently, Hernandez will have his nickname of "The little pea" on his shirt next season. :lmao:

Not too surprising as that's how most Mexicans call him (chícharo is pea in Mexican Spanish, didn't have a clue why people were translating it as little pea at first, as I only knew guisante as the word for pea), I can imagine his shirt will be a very popular one next season in Mexico. Hopefully he is given a fair chance at United and not limited to 10 minute spells every 5 games. His speed will certainly be a great asset in the Premiership.

Edited by Sam

'Arry seems to think he can get Spurs to challenge for the title this year.

'Arry certainly does good things with the clubs he goes to, but even if Spurs do ever win the league under him it'll be more like when Blackburn did it. 'Arry will get going before the clubs debt goes up too much and eventually Spurs will be left fighting relegation. Like all the clubs 'Arry manages do in the end. :shifty: