Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Just did our fantasy league auction last night, and my team is absolutely diabolical.

Almunia (ARS)

Inusa (LIV)

O'Shea (MNU)

Kompany (MNC)

Koscielny (ARS)

Heitinga (EVE)

Larsson (BIR)

Lampard (CHE)

Nani (MNU)

Pedersen (BLA)

Keane (TOT)

Davies (BOL)

Santa Cruz (MNC)

McFadden (BIR)

Sturridge (CHE)

Fortunately everyone else's team is shit as well. That's what happens when 14 people try to get a squad of 15 players each...whilst slightly drunk. :shifty:

I'm considering renaming the team 'Super Frank and His Merry Men'.

We've got £40 in the kitty each for our Sun deamteam but I'm not sure how many entrants. Prize money for top 3 at the end of the season and manager of the month awards (which I'm targetting..)

With my squad of;

Sporting Abeergut

Robinson (Blackburn)

Hangeland (Fulham)

Vermaelen (Arsenal)

Kolarov (Manchester City)

Baines (Everton)

Joe Cole (Liverpool)

N'Zogbia (Wigan)

Fellaini (Everton)

Lampard (Chelsea)

Chamakh (Arsenal)

Bent (Sunderland)

That's right... not a Man Utd player in sight. Or Drogba. Or Tevez.

So yeah, I'll be hoping for form players and the odd manager of the month prize to recoup some money. Also banking on Chamakh being a star, Bent continuing with last seasons form and the midfield to chip in with assists and goals.

Ruddy hell Ace, you mackem folk must be flush for £40 a pop. Ours is a tenner... Awful team names this year too, got the two teams for a tenner deal and just went early 90's WWF with Demolition and The Nasty Boys. Should've gone Fabulous Rougeaus.

Anyway:

Harper (Newcastle)

Lescott (City)

Jagielka (Everton)

Hughes (Fulham)

Bale (Spurs)

J Cole (L'Pool)

Nasri (Arsenal)

Lampard (Chelsea)

Rooney (Man U)

Chamakh (Arsenal)

Carroll (Newcastle)

Few maybes in there, but Lamps allows some high cost transfers in October if any bargains present themselves (e.g. Silva, Chiquitos at Man U).

I was a bit apprehensive on the cost. We're gan twos up so we pair up for the £10 one and have a team each so we can still do transfers, then £20 each half of the season (or £40 upfront if your not poor like I) and that's that.

I suppose it makes sense if we're going to have cash prizes each month, as well as quite big cash prizes for the top 3 (might extend to 6 given on entrants etc.) and it's all good.

Gives us some banter for the season I suppose.

Not an awful game. Arsenal probably deserved the draw Reina was quite unlucky with the OG.

Sky showed Christian Paulsen in the stands, all I could think was "wow, he ain't pretty".

Hart has such amazing potential. I really think he's one of the best keepers around right now, not just in England, but in football in general. Guttering that he's a City player, but I cant help but love the guy.

What's the thoughts on the Cole red card? I've seen mixed reactions to it. On first glance, it looks a little bad. But on the replay, he doesn't hardly catch him. Wrong decision if you ask me. Also thought Liverpool looked good today. Said it for a while now, I see them being the big surprise this year if they can keep injuries down this season.

Hart has such amazing potential. I really think he's one of the best keepers around right now, not just in England, but in football in general. Guttering that he's a City player, but I cant help but love the guy.

What's the thoughts on the Cole red card? I've seen mixed reactions to it. On first glance, it looks a little bad. But on the replay, he doesn't hardly catch him. Wrong decision if you ask me. Also thought Liverpool looked good today. Said it for a while now, I see them being the big surprise this year if they can keep injuries down this season.

Apart from the point where Cole's leg causes the guy's ankle to twist in an odd direction.

It was a red card, personally. I see what Cole was doing, it could have been a yellow and a strict word, but as Gray said, it looked worse from where the referee was for a start, and it was a little reckless.

I fear for what will happen to Newcastle tonight. I was so used to watching convincing wins last year, it'll be a right culture shock when United go out and dish out a right spanking.

Still though the result at Old Trafford almost 2 years to the day gives me some optimism. Very little, but some. :(

Yeah, it was a red card for Cole. Just compounded a poor first half which completely passed him by.

Thought the second half performance was good yesterday, but we've always been like that when we've got a narrow lead to protect. First half wasn't great though, Gerrard especially got overrun by Diaby and an 18-year-old, and we played far too deep for him to have any real effect going forward. A couple of nice long passes, but that's to be expected when he plays there. Clearly isn't his best position, no matter what Redknapp and Gray say. Skrtel looked back to his best after last season's injury problems, Agger was alright at left back (although I don't want to see him out there much this season), and Johnson once again put in another good performance that will be ignored when people say he's a rubbish defender. N'Gog took his goal well and seems to have bulked up again this summer. Felt sorry for Reina, not much he could do once he'd dropped it, but hopefully that's his bi-annual mistake out of the way.

Chelsea players celebrate a victory - how very dare they.

What bemuses me the most about this 'story' is the standards they're implying that football players should be held to. Are they only allowed to enjoy themselves on the week they win silverware? Imagine if that thinking were applied to anyone in any other job.

"Have you met your annual targets yet? Yes, the ones that aren't in until next April... You haven't? So what do you think you're doing going to the pub on a Friday night then?"