Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

See now my main concern with Universe Mode is that it will go all Spiderman 2 on us. Great concept, great promise, but severely lacking in depth. I worry there will be like 5 canned storylines that they have occur and they just keep happening over and over.

What would be cool, though not sure if it's feasible is to implement Story Designer with WWE Universe. You could download as many stories as you want, assign the ones you want to WWE Universe and the stories would trigger naturally when you approach the time of the year they're set in. Obviously it'd be tricky, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility and eliminate the canned storyline worry.

What would be cool, though not sure if it's feasible is to implement Story Designer with WWE Universe. You could download as many stories as you want, assign the ones you want to WWE Universe and the stories would trigger naturally when you approach the time of the year they're set in. Obviously it'd be tricky, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility and eliminate the canned storyline worry.

If they won't even let us change participants in pre-booked matches with stipulations, I doubt they'd be able to pull that off.

Now that would be spectacular, and completely ruin any chance my Universe would be even close to realistic. People would be spending their time fighting Ronald McDonald over the throne of McDonaldland.

• Like 1

If they won't even let us change participants in pre-booked matches with stipulations, I doubt they'd be able to pull that off.

Oh I'm sure they could do it, but do they want to? No doubt it'll be a feature for SD! vs Raw 2014, after 2 more years of baby steps and shuffling backwards and forwards with the mode.

See now my main concern with Universe Mode is that it will go all Spiderman 2 on us. Great concept, great promise, but severely lacking in depth. I worry there will be like 5 canned storylines that they have occur and they just keep happening over and over.

"Help, John Cena! That man stole my purse!"

• Like 4

If it really is a bitch and a half to get a CAW in a position where he can be in MITB, I'll just download a bunch of CAWs and then put all the real wrestlers on WCW where they won't get booked. MITB would then be all CAWs by default so I could just pick one and win it.

Elaborate on what you read. Did they play matches or did they just simulate?

• Like 1

If it really is a bitch and a half to get a CAW in a position where he can be in MITB, I'll just download a bunch of CAWs and then put all the real wrestlers on WCW where they won't get booked. MITB would then be all CAWs by default so I could just pick one and win it.

Elaborate on what you read. Did they play matches or did they just simulate?

Simulate.

Well there you go, I bet when you put a CAW in it goes to the bottom of the rankings. Tweak a few cards so the CAW gets in matches with top ranked guys and things he'll probably have a better place on the simmed cards.

Just a very quick comment, but after reading the UK Official Playstation Magazine review, the reviewer had made Santino World Champ, so its not impossible anyway...

I'll reserve judgement until a few of you lot let me know!

Just got an e-mail from Best Buy telling me to pick up my copy tomorrow. Can't wait.

Apparently there's a work-around to defending titles in Exhibition. Since you CAN defend unlockable belts (ECW, Hardcore, Cruiser, etc.) all you need to do is go into WWE Universe and assign one of those belts to someone who holds another title.

So say you want Dolph Ziggler to defend the IC Title in exhibition. You just go into WWE Universe and plop the ECW title on him. Then in exhibiton you'll actually get to pick which belt he defends.

All this hassle has sort of made me regret pre-ordering it, but I'm going to stick with it, doesn't sound all bad. Seems like I can work around it with what I was going to do anyway, put my CAW in matches lower down the card and have him build-up wins until he his a World Champ. Does seem like they could have easily avoided pissing off either side by giving the option of picking your own stipulations, like if you want to decide your #1 contender with a battle royal you should be able to, or if the AI books Rank #1 vs Rank #2 you should be able to add Rank #3 and make it a triple threat for contendership, and just deny the choice of adding the stipulation if there is a huge gap in the rankings (like Rank #1 vs. Rank #16 for example). I don't know, maybe you can, I haven't played yet. I'll see how it plays.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

I don't know. Now I'm a bit hesitant about WWE Universe mode.

I was expecting the ability to do things like a storyline where Santino Marella is the Raw GM and have opponents fued over the KFC secret recipe, and from what I've read, this won't be.

That's what I get for wanting my WWE to be more like DDT I guess.

I don't know. Now I'm a bit hesitant about WWE Universe mode.

I was expecting the ability to do things like a storyline where Santino Marella is the Raw GM and have opponents fued over the KFC secret recipe, and from what I've read, this won't be.

That's what I get for wanting my WWE to be more like DDT I guess.

That's what story designer is for.

• Like 2