Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

I think I am going to grab this after work since I leave early today. Any thoughts on the gameplay itself? Universe sounds cool, glad to hear you seem to be enjoying it.

Oh and I am getting it on PS3. Only problem is my internet wont connect, it times out every single time and has been for months. If anybody knows a solution I am all ears.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Universe mode is neat. I'm not sure if this answers any questions asked earlier, but I was able to immediately give a caw the wwe championship. He then had title defenses. First match, as Big Show saw Cm Punk interfere. Mysterio came out to save me. Vince mcmahon then came out and changed the match to a tag team match with me teaming with mysterio against punk and swagger.

Road to wrestlemania is great! Especially Christians due to awesome moments with Edge and kazoos. Takers is fun.

Create a story is a tiny bit faster in load times this year. Some very nice new animations.

pre-ordered this then looking forward to it. Getting it of Shopto so should hopefully get it before release here in the UK getting it cheaper as well but without any bonuses which is a bit of a downside but atleast I'm saving about a tenner

Yeah, so Universe is a blast. Haven't even attempted Road to Wrestlemania or Creating anything. I've simulated a ways, and now I'm like in Year 3. One touch I noticed, don't know if it was in past games, but the belts have the name plates of the actual champions on them. The World Heavyweight title did at least. I don't think the IC and Tag belts ever had name plates, but the big gold belt definitely does. Very neat little touch.

Vladimir Kozlov and Jake Roberts. Best tag team in WWE? No. Best tag team EVER.

Played some weapons-based matches. Hella fun.

Updated the rosters as best I could (took HBK, Jericho, Hardy, and Batista off of the active roster whilst switching up Punk and Edge) so now I'm ready to give Universe a whirl.

I did that to start. I also removed Undertaker and Triple H, for the time being. After simulating three years I decided to go all out, and put in The Rock, Stone Cold, Jake the Snake, Snuka, Funk, and all the regular WWE guys back in. I'm not a Triple H hater, by any means, but it did only take him a month and a half to jump up to #1 Contender. Then he beat Cena for the WWE title at the next PPV. You wanted realism?!?! They'll give you realism!

Is it just me, or did they take out the Jacknife from the moves you can give your CAW? (Still going through what moves they DO have, so I don't know exactly what else they took out. Just noticed that the Jacknife was a rather glaring omission because that's usually my finisher from previous games)

Pretty sure I can create some other version of it, but still >_<

Edited by Magus978

Simmed one month to Backlash and Shad and Edge have formed a tag team. Played Ziggler Vs Christian for the IC title and after Christian's entrace, Ziggler attacked him from behind and I started the match with a finisher.