Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

I'm picking up my copy on the way home from college tomorrow. Really excited about this.

I'm sure there probably aren't (m)any uploaded yet, but does anyone have any idea if you can edit downloaded CAWs this year? Editing the actual model doesn't matter to me that much; I just want to be able to edit the profile and, particularly, the entrance music. I don't think you could last year.

Yes you can! I downloaded a good looking Kurt Angle and gave him his TNA music. Just gonna make sure his moveset is proper before I actually start putting him in matches in my Universe.

EDIT: Meacon beat me to it.

Edited by Magus978

Just had an extremely fun match on Superstars. I was Santino and I had to face CM Punk. He hit me with a GTS, but I managed to somehow kick out. I start to make a comeback but Punk starts to gain momentum again. He hits his signature and sets up for another GTS. Except this time, he doesn't hit and gets rolled up! Santino wins!

So I played two matches in Universe so far. I haven't watched wrestling recently, but I am led to believe that after every match Vince McMahon sends someone down to fight the person who just won.

That's basically true, except replace "Vince McMahon" with "a laptop that speaks through Michael Cole."

• Like 9

Speaking of Michael Cole - that has to be some of the worst announcing in a Smackdown game since the third game in the series, Just Bring It! I think it was.

"THE UNDERTAKER performs his special move the LAST RIDE with perfection."

"THE ROCK is great at performing THE ROCK BOTTOM."

It amazes me that THQ still offers this kind of amateur hour bullshit. We're two generations removed from the start of fully voiced console games, and they still have the same automated phone call bullshit they've always had. To make it worse, the audio is WAY off in a lot of the commentary, one minute Michael Cole is talking, and the next he sounds like he's in a closet... underwater... with his mouth taped shut. Perhaps that's supposed to be what he sounds like with his head up his ass, and if so, I applaud the accuracy, but c'mon.

• Like 1

Evan Bourne is my US champ now after beating The Miz and Sheamus in a US title match. I'm trying to keep Sheamus away from the US title rankings, but it's not working too spectacularly. Oh well.

So far, I think Tyson Kidd has been my favorite character to use thus far in terms of move set.

I haven't messed with Road to Wrestlemania yet, but probably will soon since I'm figuring that's where the legends are.

Played a month or so in Universe, picking and choosing my matches. Problem with that is I saw basically the same 3 or so cutscenes on loop and damn near every match involved one guy coming in early to attack the other. Think I'll need to try and not fuck around too much with the matches the game creates, otherwise it might eliminate the storylines it had been building up.

Simmed a year or so, Show won the MITB and Taker pushed his streak to 20-0 in one night by defending the title against Edge AND beating Swagger in separate matches. Beast.

Did a quick draft, old school style with 6 going to Raw and 6 to SmackDown. Taker, Finlay, MVP, Shad, Masters, and McCool (Divas champ) to Raw...Sheamus, Henry, Santino, Kozlov, Maryse, and Melina (Womens chamo) to SD. Wanted to give SD more than 3 divas and change up the midcard schemes on both shows while not breaking up any random teams that had formed (Primo/Ted, Ziggler/Archer, etc.)

Think I'll watch the matches now and see how well the game forms feuds from here on out.

Speaking of Michael Cole - that has to be some of the worst announcing in a Smackdown game since the third game in the series, Just Bring It! I think it was.

"I hear...KURT ANGLE...has a devastating...ANGLE LOCK!"

"I hear...KURT ANGLE...has a devastating...ANGLE LOCK!"

STACY KIEBLER uses the TWISTY ROCKETS.

But yeah - there are points where I am stomping on a guys leg. Once. For the first time. And I hear - "Stomping the leg again! He's going to get tired if he keeps doing that!"

• Like 2

I completely whacked out my rosters. I put Orton, Sheamus, Cena, Taker, Kane, Jericho, Batista, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and every other top tier guy on Raw. Smackdown consists of Ziggler, Bourne, Christian, Ryder, and the like. That's how Ziggy became World Heavyweight Champion. And over on RAW, you have guys like Sheamus, Show, and HBK fighting over the US Title, because the WWE Title scene is too jampacked. It's fun just screwing around with this. I plan to do a redraft after the next Wrestlemania and attempt to take a more realistic approach.

o_O

Goddamn, Cole saying the word "lariat" is too surreal for me as it is, let alone using JRisms...

So, Universe mode seems a hit, but how is the actual in-ring gameplay this year? And how does the match creator actually work; is it limited or open as to the sorts of matches you can create?