Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

Yeah, how many of you have attempted a pin when you meant to lift them off the mat? You'd think I'd learn eventually.

Ha, I've been doing this since I picked up the game. I've lost many a finisher because I've gone to pick them up, pinned them on accident, then get reversed as I pick them up. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wouldn't call it a pet peeve of mine, but more of an annoyance with myself every time I revert back to thinking I'm playing 2010.

I also like the new animation for when you whip your opponent into the steel steps, think of the way Mick Foley sells it.

Guys i wasn't planning on picking this up but you guys are twisting my arm is the Universe Mode all its cracked to be really ? Is it worth buying ? and most importantly can you use dowloaded wrestlers in Universe Mode ? Because if so this sounds like the ultimate WWE game

Yes, you can use downloaded CAW's in your Universe. :)

Edited by Magus978

On Xbox all you do is hold the left trigger and move with the left thumbstick.

Hey thanks. Appreciate it. In Universe mode, i'm not sure I get the ranking system...to even get a CAW into the World/WWE title rankings takes a while, but what's weird is that a victory over the next guy above you doesn't seem to move you up any, which is that way I assumed it would work. I'm not sure how it actually works. But by really trying, the best I was able to do was get into the U.S. title scene by the third ppv, and 5th in the World Championship rankings (Switched to Smackdown.) by the Royal Rumble of the 2nd year. That's playing every booked match for my CAW, and occasionally booking some of my own.

Luckily, it seems you can play anyone in the Royal Rumble (and pick the entry order) and they will face the champ at Wrestlemania if you win, so if you really want to face the champ as a CAW that's probably the way to go.

Another thing I find a little odd is that being the champion doesn't keep you high up in the rankings for that belt if you weren't #1 contender before. For example, Bourne won the WWE Title by cashing in MiTB, and after retaining it for 3 months, lost to Triple H. Instead of being the #1 contender, he dropped to 10th in the rankings, which is where he was before he won it.

Oh well. It's still a cool system and game.

Oh...also...has anyone figured out how to get created finishers on CAWs? It isn't the way it was in previous games I don't think.

EDIT- Nevermind..I'm an idiot. I just missed it in the create-a-moveset editor. I see it now.

Edited by jase12881

On Xbox all you do is hold the left trigger and move with the left thumbstick.

Another thing I find a little odd is that being the champion doesn't keep you high up in the rankings for that belt if you weren't #1 contender before. For example, Bourne won the WWE Title by cashing in MiTB, and after retaining it for 3 months, lost to Triple H. Instead of being the #1 contender, he dropped to 10th in the rankings, which is where he was before he won it.

This is the main complaint that I have with rankings.

It's kind of irritating when I'm in a match in Universe and someone runs down to distract the referee, and they distract the ref EVERY SINGLE TIME I got for a pin. I've had matches where I've held my opponent down in a pin for 4-5 minutes before the ref kicks the person out and counts the fall.

I need to start plasying for more then just my CAW in Universe...it sounds like a blast. Plus I'm already World Heavyweight Champion..after winning a total of 4 #1 contender matches..

My God, Christian's match at EC was practically fucking impossible.

Are you talking about the Money in the Bank match? That's the match I'm on now. I find it kind of stupid for there to be one at Elimination Chamber to be honest.

Edit

It took me 40 fucking minutes, but I finally did it. If I never have to play another Money in the Bank match it would be to soon.

Edited by Stryker77

So I actually got some matches done with some friends yesterday. Had a blast for the most part. The only gripes I have are during a tag team backstage match, me and a friend were only able to hit chops when we tried doing a grapple move, and it started getting annoying during a 4 way TLC when I would try getting around to climb a ladder I wouldnt be able to because of someone being down in my way, and trying to pick one thing up and grabbing something else, or trying to climb the ladder and instead picking up something that was near me.

I need to go through against the CPU some time, adjust the reversal rate (because I found the reversals with my friends happened far too often), practice timing the reversals right and get used to the controls more.

Few questions. In Rumble matches, when you are being eliminated by another human player, do you both have to press the buttons that appear on the screen to try to prevent elimination/eliminate someone, or is that just for the person trying to eliminate you?

Another thing is, will you be able to use multiple storage devices when you play the game? Like, would player 1 be able to use their usb drive to use their CAW, player 2 use their usb for their CAW, and player 3 use the xbox hard drive for their CAW? Because last night player 1 pressed start at the beginning and I dont believe I saw my CAW available anywhere, and only saw it when we went back and I pressed start. If you're only able to use one storage device then that seems like a huge flaw for me, since it would mean having to upload CAWs (any custom entrance and move set if they dont automatically get uploaded with it) and have them be downloaded, and repeat the process if you ever want to make any changes.

Edited by Vitamin E

Couldn't you just drag it off the USB onto your hard drive before you started playing? Not 100% on Xbox's systems but that would make sense, plus if you were running a universe it wouldn't make sense to have people in there if your mates taken his USB stick away.

Wasnt there some message either in game or the manual about moving data from a usb to a hard drive could potentially delete CAWs and such or something? Could have sworn there was something along those lines, which is the reason why the whole not being able to use multiple devices at once (like you can in other games) is such a flaw to me. But if there is a save file in the memory section of the Xbox (something along the lines of "Created Wrestler 2546") along with save data for RTWM, i.e. everything is seperate save files, then my problem with the whole thing isn't as much (though I still think it is silly to only allow one storage device for the game). I havent actually had the chance to check out the save files for the game in the memory section of the Xbox yet, so that would be why I dont know how the save file is set up for the game.

Edited by Vitamin E