Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

Eh, it's another modification that will make it more realistic. Matches don't start with a spree of powerbombs and brainbusters, first an opponent is worn down. Same stuff here. The whole goal of 2011 is to make it an accurate simulation of WWE TV, and I'd say they're doing a fine job. So much of this stuff is getting blown out of proportion and most of you come off like you think they've made a game that you pay $60 for and then just sit and watch as it plays itself.

I'm excited that you can reverse your opponents pins into your own, hooray for rolling small packages all over the ring.

• Like 5

Funny story, I was reading IGN's review of this game, and at the bottom is says 133,000 people have liked the article on Facebook. I give it a quick glance and there's Ruki's picture in a row of just eight people. 133,000 people and Ruki's picture shows up.

lolruki.jpg

I saw it too - basically it will find people in your network (since I assume you have cookies on and don't have to sign into Facebook every time you go there, etc.) and push them to the front.

But ultimately, I would enjoy being able to go back and do my weaker moves - that's the bigger bother for me when it comes to this new grapple system. I used to choose a lot of my earlier moves because they'd set up for top rope/finishers easily.

Well, I just don't plain like how easy it is to reverse in smackdown games, and that the AI pretty much equates to "reverse moar on high difficulty".

Also, yes, damage based movesets are a big deal for me, not because it's being implemented, but the way it's going to be implemented. If they did something like Fire Pro, where your powerful moves were easy to reverse early on but that difficulty goes down as your opponent takes more damage, I'd be all over that. But I'd rather have the option of 12 strong front grapple moves throughout the match to "okay, it's late match, so your headlock is now a DDT".

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but when I hear the grappling system is being revamped I tend to expect the worst.

I have. I either come up with AI does nothing, or AI never gets close to winning, but reverses a bunch.

The only time I'm ever in trouble is if the AI does mount strikes because I have a hard time countering that... whereas the AI will counter it almost all the time even on easy <_<

• Admin

RE: The Weak / Strong Grapple "problem"

From my understanding, the modifier is now you can only do a Strong Grapple when your opponent is groggy, which is less likely to happen early in the match. So you won't not be able to do weak grapples late on in the match, you just won't be able to do Strong grapples straight out of the gate - is this not the case?

I bought the game. I'm I little disappointed because in reading the manual it seems Bret Hart/Ministry Taker aren't unlockable at all. Looks like I shouldn't have gotten it from Gamestop.

Are retailer exclusives, such as Bret Hart and the Undertaker “Ministry of Darkness Attire,” available through Fan Axxess?

* Access to Bret Hart will not be included in the Fan Axxess program. However, following all retail programs, access is expected at a TBD price point for both Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

Well that really takes the cake. It's not going to deter me from buying it but that really is bullshit.

You'd think they'd at least be unlockable through Fan Axxess, I wasn't about to drive an hour to pre-order the game and then have to drive an hour to pick it up just so I could get either of the bonus characters and I'm sure there are plenty of areas where it would've been an even farther drive.

On my second week of Raw in Universe mode, Primo has defeated WWE Champion Randy Orton in a simulated non-title match. On the news feed it gives the story, "Primo defeated Randy Orton, in what was a David & Goliath victory!" and "Randy Orton & Primo are now enemies." Primo to the top!

Edit: I also saw a tag match with a mystery partner for CM Punk on the next week of Raw. I decide to play that as Punk and Primo is my mystery partner.

Yeah, I decided to reshuffle the brands a little bit putting people like Swagger on RAW, while moving Edge and Morrison over to Smackdown. A few more moves I made, but Big Show beat Jack Swagger for the #1 Contender's match, so it's going to be Show/Cena at Backlash for the WWE title. But then on the next week, Swagger beat Big Show in a cage match on Raw. Controversy!

Did a quick sim to the rest of April and here's my first PPV card.

Backlash

WWE Championship

John Cena © vs. Big Show

World Heavyweight Championship

Edge © vs. CM Punk

Divas Championship

Alicia Fox © vs. Maryse

Intercontinental Championship

Dolph Ziggler © vs. John Morrison

Unified WWE Tag Team Championship

Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes © vs. Hart Dynasty

United States Championship