Smackdown vs Raw 2011

jrtdot

I know this is an old thread, but I think I stumbled onto the absolutely most brutal finish possible in this game without hacks.

Hardcore title match, Extreme Rules, Chuck Norris vs original character "The Human Superball" Xander Starr ©, playing as Starr.

Starr is as his nickname suggests a complete Jack Evans-like high spot machine.

Setting up the ladder on the ramp, Starr gets to the top of the ladder with his finisher, trying to do his finishing dive, the 810 Splash (yeah, I know, it's cheesy but I figure if a double moonsault is possible...), Chuck, being a dick, gets up and climbs the ladder. So Starr's going to do his "Twisted Sister" (Twist of Fate) off the ladder instead...

Only because they were so close to the gorilla position, Chuck landed abdomen first ON THE LADDER before plummeting to the stage icon_eek.gif

I don't really know where else to put this, but over the last few months I've been on a mission to complete every SmackDown game from Just Bring It onwards. I'm currently playing 2007, and I've become incredibly bored with the series, and re-learning the new control settings was a bitch of a while. However, I decided to play a few matches of my Triple H season earlier, and ended up having the best match I've ever had on these games. I got to the storyline where you face Kurt Angle in an Ultimate Submission match at WrestleMania. The first portion of the match was pretty even, with us both doing limb damage. Then, Angle took control, and beat the fuck out of me for twenty minutes straight, but no matter what, I wouldn't tap. Note: The submission setting on Legendary is a bitch. I made him tap to the Crossface by pure luck. The match continued and Angle kept squashing me, but I still wouldn't tap. Poetically, he applied the Angle Lock with a couple of seconds to go but couldn't get me to tap before the Time Out screen. It was so awesome.

So, um, yeah. Discuss your favourite matches!

I remember it being on HCTP, and I was playing with my brother, me being Goldberg and he being Lesnar in a Last Man Standing Match. Ended up being the longest match we've played against each other, I think it was like an hour and like 18 minutes. We both kept on hitting each other with Spears, F-5s and Jackhammers, but neither would stay down for the ten count. We went everywhere around the arena, it was a bitch and a blast at the same time, because we were both just so fucking tired of smashing the buttons. Was an awesome match, though, and one we both remember till this day.

I was Dude Love and a mate was Stone Cold.

kick wham stunner and he waits til I get back up

double arm ddt and I pin him for the win,

Not a great technical match but it was hilarious at the time.

• Like 2

Guest JukeboxHero

I remember it being on HCTP, and I was playing with my brother, me being Goldberg and he being Lesnar in a Last Man Standing Match. Ended up being the longest match we've played against each other, I think it was like an hour and like 18 minutes. We both kept on hitting each other with Spears, F-5s and Jackhammers, but neither would stay down for the ten count. We went everywhere around the arena, it was a bitch and a blast at the same time, because we were both just so fucking tired of smashing the buttons. Was an awesome match, though, and one we both remember till this day.

I had a Last Man Standing Match on the current game that was the same way. It was my CAW against Stone Cold Steve Austin and Austin wouldn't stay down. I hit him with many finishers, including stealing his own a few times. He kept getting up. This went on for about 30 minutes. Austin ended up hitting me with one Stunner the entire time and that kept me down long enough to win the match. I wasn't thrilled.

Oh you have reminded me of just how awesome Last Man Standing was on HCTP. They nailed it completely for that game and it has never been the same since. You had to really beat down an opponent to win it, it felt so much more realistic...nowadays it is quite easy to win, there's no drama of 'oh he's up at 8 or 9' six or seven times. I had a great LMS match on HCTP as Angle against Benoit that went on for about 45 minutes, still remember it now.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump a 2nd page thread, but I just got this game and wanted to ask a few questions.

1) In Universe mode, let's say I get to Wrestlemania and sim the Money in the Bank match instead of playing. For the sake of this question, let's pretend Matt Hardy wins.

Do I get to choose when Matt cashes it in?

If I do get to choose, let's say there is a match set up between Edge and Santino for the World Title, does Matt come down after that match, or does his cash in replace the match?

2) Is there a way to vacate a title or do you have to move it onto someone else?

3) In reading this thread I have seen that you can't change the competitors in MITB, but you can change the Royal Rumble participants. Can I set the whole 30 man roster, or is it only certain people that can be changed?

Okay so I just started playing this again and I'm finding the matches waaay to easy. Its on legend difficulty, but I guess its like second nature to me since I've been playing the game since the very first Smackdown!.

Anyway, wondering if anyone has good some good settings they'd like to share regarding the sliders?

I just beat the same guy five times in a row on online. He wouldn't give up. I tapped him 3 times and pinned him 2 times between 3 characters. First two times he was Evan Bourne and I was a CAW, I made him tap then I pinned him. Next he was Orton and I was another CAW and I pinned him in about a 3rd of the time either of the previous matches lasted. Then he went to Miz and I used a Benoit CAW and I tapped him then. He then proceeds to message me and call me a "FUCKIN NOOB". If I'm a noob and I just whipped him like that what does that make him? lol

Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

How is online mode anyway? Is it kinda laggy like the UFC games, or smooth all around like Red Dead?

Most of the time its perfect. Every now and then you get someone with a bad connection that makes the game lag but thats kinda rare.

Hm. I use a wifi connection but RDR is usually silk smooth for me even when the instance is heavily populated, so maybe I'll end up jobbing to ya sometime soon.

I use wifi too. It should be no issue.

Edit:Don't play ranked matches unless you know your opponent. People in ranked are scumbags that cheat and spam

Edited by Kirkland

Man, and I thought UFC players who used Anderson Silva were cheapasses....

Kind of weak that entrances get no music even when it's your guy though... and Communist Cena is the only person on my roster with a default theme.

For online? I can see why custom guys dont get any music, since it is music from your Xbox so it may make it harder to upload that, or some music people use may be offensive to others in some way. I dont actually know how technology works, though.

Ive been really tempted to get the game again despite trading it in months ago, more for the CAW/CAF and online. For anyone who has it on 360, does it seem to do fine as far as connection goes? And is it hard to find matches? Though if enough people on here have it for the 360 then I wouldnt see any problem with finding matches since you could just get together for it.

You mean from my PS3...

But yeah, I guess that's true, but I still manage to have a guy whose shirt says "HIA FUCKING LEAH" (Hialeah being my birthplace/the character's hometown, and based on an actual T-shirt I saw at a concert once) without it being censored...

I guess loading time could be a minor issue, but you could always have a maximum upload limit of, maybe 20MB at most... that should be reasonable and accomidating to anyone who isn't using something rediculous like a 646kb/s bitrate version of Do You Feel Like I Do or something.

Still don't see why it can't play -my- character's theme though. Most of my entrances were made specifically to fit the song too, so it's a bit irksome

But at least I don't drag them out like the HBK guy me and Kirkland teamed up against... who got disqualified right away for not beating the five count to get out of the ring in less time than it took for his entrance :lol:

Wouldn't someone (WWE,PSN) have to pay for songs outside the game library? I just hope there are more extra tracks to use in the next game.