2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

What's really nice of Barca to give Abidal the armband and let him be the first to lift the trophy.

Not a whole lot you can do when Barca play that well. United didn't play anywhere near the standard needed to challenge them.

I feel similar to the way I did two years ago - it's disappointing to lose, but it's not like I feel gutted or anything, because Barcelona were so much better. We'll beat them next year, don't worry. unsure.gif

It's scary when you think of the age of some of these Barca players and how long they could potentially dominate European football.

Lost to a better side, simple as that really. Proud that we got to the final, just didn't perform at a good enough level on the night though. Giggs was horrendous and Evra wasn't far behind, but that's no excuse of course, just the way things go.

Sure we'll take this and build on it and come back next season much stronger. Gutted of course, but we were runners up in the final, so there are positives to take from this.

Classy move by the brits trying to get the deserving winner of the field by turning the watering devices on...

I thought they were awarded the Champions League trophy as a prize, not the field? That's a new one on me. shifty.gif

They started it by nicking our nets!

I am afraid they will be able to replace that much nicer than trying to put negative efeckt on whats one of the highest points in a players carrer.... ah well, they took it well, but still not classy at all you brits. :-/

I'm just disappointed that United didn't offer much going forward and backed off so much, they should have adopted a bit of a Mourinho tactic and disrupted the play to give themselves a better chance.

On the other hand as a Barca fan as well I'm happy to see them win. They're a great team and will win many more Champions Leagues I'm sure of it.

I am afraid they will be able to replace that much nicer than trying to put negative efeckt on whats one of the highest points in a players carrer.... ah well, they took it well, but still not classy at all you brits. :-/

OK, you figured us all out.

All 60odd million of us got together and using only the power of our collective hivemind, forced the water pressures under Wembley to exceed the capacity of the sprinkler system.

• Like 3

We've got an international next week. It's a wonder that the pitch has stood up as long as it has with all these games in the past month, we don't need these lads prancing about once the games already over to add to that!