2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

Ferguson, classy as ever in his post match interview.

What did he say?

The interviewer dared to ask him a standard question, along the lines of what areas can you strengthen, and Ferguson said, "that's all I'm saying, alright!?"

Every other manager on the planet would have been able to answer that. Not Ferguson, though. He'll do what he wants.

Fergie denies Berba left early. "He's in the dressing room."

... tied to a chair.

With Rooney on one side and Hernandez on the other, looking at Micheal Owen and singing "stuck in the middle with you" :shifty:

Funny seeing some Man U fans via text and that saying oh why aren't scousers supporting an English team. This argument is stupid haha why would we want Man U to win? :P Still I'm disapointed as a mutual at United's performance I really thought they'd put up more of a fight but they simply got played off the pitch. If it was any other team United would have won but Barca are simply out of this world

I would assume SAF is pretty damn pissed off tonight. But it's in part his fault, SAF's selection seemed a bit off and the match ended up like watching Man Utd. get beaten at their own game to a certain extent.

I imagine Berbatov will be gone during the summer too if what happened tonight is accurate. I also wonder how long the likes of Giggs (and to what extent the last week has plagued on his mind) and Scholes will go on. Even Ferguson himself. I imagine they'll all be there next season.

Sir Alex will be here for a few more years for sure(health willing)

Giggs...maybe 1-2 seasons more and Scholes if he doesn't announce his retirement over the summer then I assume the next season will be his last.

I don't know if Sir Alex was surprised by Mascherano at CB or what playing someone over 6 feet and good in the air like Berbatov at least for a few minutes would have allowed him to win some flick-ons and headers against Mascherano surely?

Proud of the team for getting this far and winning the league when pundits had completely written us off, 3 finals in 4 years is pretty amazing

They started it by nicking our nets!

I am afraid they will be able to replace that much nicer than trying to put negative efeckt on whats one of the highest points in a players carrer.... ah well, they took it well, but still not classy at all you brits. :-/

OK, you figured us all out.

All 60odd million of us got together and using only the power of our collective hivemind, forced the water pressures under Wembley to exceed the capacity of the sprinkler system.

I guess at least there were no angry mobs chasing down spanish people in the suburbs. :-p

From what I remember of last night...

Evra was absolutely shocking. And I'm assuming it was the game plan because Giggs and Carrick didn't close down anyone in the middle whatsoever. Just "jogged near them" was their game plan. I'm assuming they were told to stand off.. because... they're not that bad surely (well Carrick probably is).

Thought Park was good in the first half an hour or so and you could see the idea of just getting in their faces.

Also I'm not one for injuries but when Biscuits took it in the face I was laughing.

Well done Barca, deserved winners. They're a class above any other team right now.

Was busy getting drunk for my birthday so wasn't paying a great deal of attention to the match, but glad Barca dominated. Still, it's a shame that in both finals Fletcher hasn't played a part. I'd love to see the difference he'd make. Surely it was obvious from the moment they picked such a lightweight midfield that they'd lose the match.

From what I remember of last night...

Evra was absolutely shocking. And I'm assuming it was the game plan because Giggs and Carrick didn't close down anyone in the middle whatsoever. Just "jogged near them" was their game plan. I'm assuming they were told to stand off.. because... they're not that bad surely (well Carrick probably is).

They seemed to be instructed to stand off when they were in a non-threatening area and then try and close them down very quick as soon as they attempted to penetrate. Carrick and Giggs in a two-man midfield was a big mistake from the start and I'm surprised we didn't stick Anderson or Fletcher in as a 3 at any point. We probably would have lost regardless of tactics but a 4-3-3/4-5-1 similar to how Barca played with Rooney in the withdrawn no.9 role that Messi played could have been worth trying with Nani and Valencia on either wing. I'm disappointed with how we used the ball, I'd have thought Giggs and Carrick were played to bring an element of composed possession to the team but whenever we did have the ball, we rushed play and tried to get the ball as high up as possible. Still, it was great just to be involved in the final and with a bit of strengthening to the first 11, I don't see why we can't be back there next year.

Edited by Dynamite

Watching United getting bossed like that was so surreal. Barcelona are just the perfect side really and the only team I can see beating them is Real Madrid. Really enjoyed the game though just for Barcelona's masterclass alone.

The best team by a country mile won last night so all is fair in the world and I truly believe Messi will go down the greatest to ever play the game.

Still just shocked from the game. I knew we where underdogs and I really believed we had a chance, but in reality we never did. Barcelona would have beaten anyone in world football with that performance, past or present. Even if every United player had their best day on Saturday I still think we would have come up short. I bow to you Barcelona, the greatest team ever in my eyes.