Minecraft!

Sousa

In a funny but cool-sounding crossover, the crazy world of Far Cry 3 will be arriving in Minecraft in a free PC download. On October 26, Ubisoft will be releasing a "Map and texture pack" for Minecraft that will open up a bunch of Far Cry 3 stuff in Minecraft.

From their press release, the downloadable pack contains "modifications to all aspects of the original game, including environments, weapons and tools" and you will be able to "discover key Far Cry 3 locations and characters, including Vaas, Jason and Citra, all completely redesigned in Minecraft style. The map also features over 50 Easter Eggs, hidden throughout the Islands."

Not bad. Ubisoft also sent along a grip of goofy images, which appear to be doctored promotional screengrabs from Far Cry 3 and not actually shots from the Minecraft pack (which I would imagine would look a fair bit… blockier.)

...that is actually really sweet.

Yeah the world hole is there now in both the backup and in single player. Must be a chunk error server side.

Well that sucks a big one. I put alot of work into that place and now it just has a giant gap in it that can't be fixed. Thanks for looking though.

I fixed it! Just some minor rebuilding required by you as it's got some sand where a tower used to be. Also now have DynMap installed on the standard server so going to http://176.31.234.51:45454 in your web browser will show you the map of the world and where everybody is.

Having some issues with the Tekkit server right now, it's not online and I can't get it to boot. Have the host working on it.

I would love to be able to play my PC version with my PS3 controller. Minecraft is the only game outside EWR/TEW I'll play that I have to use mouse and keyboard for.

It's back online now.

Also, guys, if you use an Ender Chest... can you just leave all buckets in there alone? I'm generating power from the nether with one and was hoping to have a full supply by now... but someone decided to take my the buckets out, meaning instead of a bunch of power, I've now got none. :/

You can still use Ender Chests, because it's designed so the only thing that comes out of them is Empty Buckets and Buckets of Lava and they come and go so quickly it should be hard to even notice. Just leave the buckets alone please. :)

Also ADG, you realize anyone exiting the Nether will exit into your house? :P