Minecraft!

Sousa

So what exactly is Tekkit? I've never really gotten into mods, so I'm not familiar with it

Well gee..whenever I try to run the installer, it stops working..guess I'll never know..

Edited by Lint6

You uh, play any Tekkit on the server today, ADG? :pervert:

Yup, I broke your penis with a pickaxe!

God damn. :(

I was tempted to start something up, but man I've already progressed to Nuclear once and mining all that starting up crap sounds like a ton of effort.

You uh, play any Tekkit on the server today, ADG? :pervert:

Yup, I broke your penis with a pickaxe!

God damn. :(

I was tempted to start something up, but man I've already progressed to Nuclear once and mining all that starting up crap sounds like a ton of effort.

:-(

Yeah the world hole is there now in both the backup and in single player. Must be a chunk error server side.

Well that sucks a big one. I put alot of work into that place and now it just has a giant gap in it that can't be fixed. Thanks for looking though.

Been a while since I posted anything in this thread >_>

So thanks to the influence of the Yogscast I've started playing with the Technic Pack installed, and I'm quite enjoying it. I've got myself a large quarry going, using lava for power for that and my machines, I've got a jetpack and recently got myself some nano armour, which I haven't really put to the test yet.

Does anyone else play Technic/Tekkit?

I've been finding myself playing Technic more than vanilla Minecraft the last couple of weeks. So much so that I decided to get a server up and running for Tekkit as well as the normal EWB Minecraft server. The new Tekkit server IP is 178.33.236.163:25575. I just copied the whitelist over from the standard EWB server so if you're not on it let me know and I can add you. :)

Oooh. Can you whitelist me please? I never went on the other server so I'm not on the list >_>

My username is DosX. Is that all you need?

So thanks to the influence of the Yogscast I've started playing with the Technic Pack installed, and I'm quite enjoying it. I've got myself a large quarry going, using lava for power for that and my machines, I've got a jetpack and recently got myself some nano armour, which I haven't really put to the test yet.

I've been finding myself playing Technic more than vanilla Minecraft the last couple of weeks. So much so that I decided to get a server up and running for Tekkit as well as the normal EWB Minecraft server. The new Tekkit server IP is 178.33.236.163:25575. I just copied the whitelist over from the standard EWB server so if you're not on it let me know and I can add you. :)

Oooh. Can you whitelist me please? I never went on the other server so I'm not on the list >_>

Yeah that's all I need, will whitelist you now if my phone will cooperate.

You're whitelisted!

Tekkit/Technic is all very confusing for me. I forget which the single player one is.. but I tried that and holy shit, all the stuff you can buy and do... is there a good FAQ in one location? I don't want to read up on each mod by itself.. but I did walk into what appeared to be Terreria style corruption.

Yeah that's all I need, will whitelist you now if my phone will cooperate.

You're whitelisted!

Thank you. :)

Just had a quick go on the server, mostly to check lag. Entered the game at roughly midnight, so managed to die twice while scrambling for shelter. Eventually survived until sunrise, then gathered enough stuff to make a makeshift home in a small cave I found (back to my old ways >_>). I did discover a decent size ravine nearby though, so I'll be checking that out for ores and such sooner or later. It also had a large deposit of marble down the bottom, so I might grab that in case I decide to build something fancy.

I'm not used to server Minecraft, so do I have a spawn point that's way different to everyone else? Is everyone sort of scattered around the map, or is it just that no-one's built anything yet? Because I had a quick look around and couldn't really see anything man-made.

Tekkit/Technic is all very confusing for me. I forget which the single player one is.. but I tried that and holy shit, all the stuff you can buy and do... is there a good FAQ in one location? I don't want to read up on each mod by itself.. but I did walk into what appeared to be Terreria style corruption.

There's a Technic wikia at http://technicpack.wikia.com/wiki/Technic_Pack_Wiki, but I learned a lot of stuff from the Yogscast on Youtube. Yogscastlalna in particular, seeing as he's doing a solo series on Tekkit, dabbling in all of the different things you can do.

AD's house isn't too far from the spawn and mine's also somewhat nearby.

I say that but mine isn't so much a house as it is a series of makeshift walls and a bricked marble floor.

Also, is Tekkit prone to having more dungeons or something? I've seen four so far!

Well I didn't see anything of the sort. The only possibly man-made structure I saw was something that looked like a sandstone well, but I thought that had been generated by one of the mods perhaps.

Also worth noting I was running for my life when I did most of that exploring, so. I might jump back on now and have a proper look around and see if I can find your stuff.

In a funny but cool-sounding crossover, the crazy world of Far Cry 3 will be arriving in Minecraft in a free PC download. On October 26, Ubisoft will be releasing a "Map and texture pack" for Minecraft that will open up a bunch of Far Cry 3 stuff in Minecraft.

From their press release, the downloadable pack contains "modifications to all aspects of the original game, including environments, weapons and tools" and you will be able to "discover key Far Cry 3 locations and characters, including Vaas, Jason and Citra, all completely redesigned in Minecraft style. The map also features over 50 Easter Eggs, hidden throughout the Islands."

Not bad. Ubisoft also sent along a grip of goofy images, which appear to be doctored promotional screengrabs from Far Cry 3 and not actually shots from the Minecraft pack (which I would imagine would look a fair bit… blockier.)